Huddersfield substitute Laurent Depoitre scored an injury time consolation with a fine glancing header. "At the end we lost the game". "We are Chelsea, we are a big club -we have to fight". "We created a lot of chances and we have to carry on".
Eden Hazard, who delivered another fine personal display, said Chelsea's response to their weekend setback was ideal.
Danny Drinkwater missed the last game away to West Ham United with a virus, but he is be back to face Huddersfield.
Chelsea's Willian celebrates scoring their second goal with team mates. Now let's move forward.
Chelsea's failure to win their Champions League group has cost them.
The Italian expects Huddersfield to try and hit his team on the break, saying: "We must pay great attention to the counter-attack because they have fast players". I have decided for this solution.
"I have decided on this solution and this is not the first time with these players", he told BT Sport. I think that we are having a good path in the league but there is a team in this moment that it is hard to stop. The rest of Wagner's squad is thought to be fit to play as they welcome the champions.
Conte was also full of praise for Bakayoko, who was hauled off a half-time in the loss at the London Stadium.
"I'm happy to play with these players".
Chelsea suffered a blow before the game after top scorer Alvaro Morata was ruled out with a back injury, and the first half was a tense affair, with very little in it for the first 20 minutes besides Pedro's disallowed goal in the first five minutes.
The first goal came from a weak clearance by goalkeeper Jonas Lossl. For the second goal as well.
"We have to reflect, we have to pick ourselves up and go again". We weren't at our best in terms of focus and concentration, but apart from this I have no complaints. Replays appeared to show defender Chris Lowe may have diverted the ball in for an own goal, but Bakayoko will be keen to claim it.
- Annual Geminid meteor shower peaks this week over Kansas City
- Iran President Due in Istanbul to Attend OIC Summit on Al-Quds
- Magnitude 6.2 quake hits southeast Iran
- Apple Opens App Pre-Orders to All Developers
- Thirteen lesser-known facts about the Hanukkah holiday
- Trump's accusers 'should be heard': Haley
- Here Are The Terms Of Greg Schiano's Aborted Contract With Tennessee
- Asian American community mourns Ed Lee
- Facebook Will Pay Taxes Locally
- After the NYC subway blast, a frantic stampede to safety