The Amazon Prime service includes member benefits such as, fast shipping, streaming, and gaming.
According to Amazon, for this week, Singapore customers who are Prime members get to enjoy exclusive access to free two-hour delivery on orders over S$40.
These services would be sought now that the American retailer has ended its Free AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping service to Singapore.
Amazon made its entry into Southeast Asia when it launched its Prime Now service in Singapore in July. A message on the checkout page of Amazon's USA store now states that "items shipped to addresses outside the U.S. are not eligible for free shipping".
However, to succeed in the market, Wang asserted that Amazon needs to play to its strengths because besides its two-hour delivery promise, consumers in Singapore expect Amazon's own products like Echo, Kindle and digital books to be made available to them, have access to more products and brands from the USA, as well as digital content like games and movies. The monthly membership is priced at SGD8.99, but it is going at SGD2.99 as an introductory offer.
But for a limited period, it goes for $2.99 a month, although Amazon did not specify for how long.
Gaming is also an upcoming entertainment industry, and Singapore Amazon Prime members can also enjoy access to gaming benefits on Twitch Prime at no additional cost. "Customers in Singapore have been enjoying ultra-fast delivery with Prime Now since July, and now, the introduction of Amazon Prime will take their shopping experience to the next level", said Jamil Ghani, vice president, Amazon Prime global.
Customers who do not have a Prime membership in the United States can, however, enjoy free delivery within the country for orders totalling US$25 or more on eligible items.
Amazon Prime International's vice-president Jamil Ghani said more benefits will be added over time for Prime membership here.
LiveUp offers users benefits such as rebates and discounts for RedMart, Netflix, Uber, UberEats and Taobao Collection.
Other consumers are looking for more services to be added to Prime.
The launch of this service here is due to the strong response and adoption of the Prime Now app in the past few months.
- Pizza Hut testing beer and wine delivery
- Instagram lets you Archive and Highlight your favorite expired Stories
- Lebanese Prime Minister Revokes Resignation Amid Consensus Deal With Rivals
- LA's Getty Center was built with fire protection in mind
- Samsung Starts Production of First 512GB UFS Package for Mobile Devices
- Apple To Be Charged $15 Billion As Back Tax By Ireland
- US Sens. Reed, Whitehouse call on Sen. Franken to resign
- Trump aide Flynn planned to 'rip up' Russian Federation sanctions
- Bungie Releases Details on the Upcoming Updates for Destiny 2
- Black Mirror Premiere Date & Full Trailer Released