Apple TV owners on Reddit are reporting the same issue with surround sound with others explaining the problem is not happening through the Prime Video app on other devices like game consoles, and specifically the Sony Playstation 4. Customers can also enjoy Thursday Night Football live on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV. Apple's iPads have always been available for purchase on Amazon and Apple had ample leverage in the negotiations over the Prime Video app, so bet on Apple TV and Apple TV 4K becoming available on Amazon's retail channels at some point.
Google began blocking YouTube access for Echo Show users this week, and is informing Amazon Fire TV users that the service won't be available on their devices after the first of next year.
From Archer's reporting, it appears that Amazon is aware of the issue, and may already have moved to cover its tracks.
A test of audio capabilities on a second-generation Amazon Fire TV device showed full 5.1 sound support, unlike through the tvOS app. While Google's stock price has grown 198% since December 2012, Amazon's has soared 352.6% in the same period.
By comparison, Apple isn't as much of a threat to either company.
Apple and Amazon seem to have buried the hatchet, at least for the time being.
On the search front, any web searches that go through Siri get handled by Google, which also serves as the default search engine on iPhones and iPads. As you might know Nest is now a Google subsidiary.
Staying out of the fray has been good for business. That's half of all households who would be giving up a free streaming video service by buying an Apple TV. There's room for both Amazon and Apple to thrive, especially since video is just one facet of Amazon Prime. Google blamed a "lack of reciprocity" on Amazon's part for the decision. They also both offer corporate cloud-computing services, a market where Amazon leads by a wide margin.
- PUBG About To Double Its Number Of Map
- Body of woman who vanished after Tinder date found
- Travolta guns for wider release of 'Gotti,' buys back biopic
- Apple reveals the most popular apps, movies and music of 2017
- Mecklenburg County won't pay hacker, Kinston had previous ransomware attack
- Sophie Turner says Game of Thrones season 8 will premiere in 2019
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety Releases Latest List of Safest Vehicles
- Airlines are banning 'smart' luggage
- Lionel Messi rejected 'huge' deal from Premier League club before extending contract
- Jordan Peele's Twilight Zone Reboot Is Definitely Happening Now