Rather interestingly, the game of the year choices for iPhone and iPad are not freemium titles.
Apple highlights hat 2017 has been a "big year" for apps, games, and trends in app culture.
The Best iPhone App and Game are the meditation app Calm and the puzzle game Splitter Critters.
The company's iPad app of the year is Affinity Photo, a professional-level photo editing suite that can handle uncompressed RAW files and allows you to create an unlimited number of layers.
Game apps, on the other hand, were dominated by Ludo King, 8 Ball Pool, Super Mario Run, Candy Crush Saga, Sniper 3D, and others. Apple says that the top apps of the year 2017 were WhatsApp, YouTube, Facebook, PayTm, Messenger, SHAREit, Instagram, Google Maps, Uber, Hotstar, Amazon, Ola cabs, Gmail, Wynk, MyJio, My Airtel, Google Chrome, Flipkart, Snapchat and imo video calls and chat.
Snapchat's 2016 crown was snatched from them, but only just, by the popular Bitmooji app, which is owned by Snap. See the full charts in the App Store. Ed Sheeran's Shape of You, meanwhile, ranked as this year's top song. Apple said Taylor Swift's new album Reputation has already reached No. 3 on the 2017 USA top album chart, an impressive feat considering it was just released on November 10.
For movies, the top film was Moana followed by the Stars Was instalment Rogue One. Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, The Big Bang Theory and Rick and Morty topped the iTunes TV charts this year.
Daily news has proven a popular genre, with new podcasts this year like "The Daily" from the New York Times and "Up First" from NPR charting in the most downloaded podcasts of the year.
- House Of Cards WILL return with Robin Wright as the lead
- Body of woman who vanished after Tinder date found
- Amazon Prime Video finally comes to Apple TV
- PUBG About To Double Its Number Of Map
- Travolta guns for wider release of 'Gotti,' buys back biopic
- Lionel Messi rejected 'huge' deal from Premier League club before extending contract
- Jordan Peele's Twilight Zone Reboot Is Definitely Happening Now
- Mecklenburg County won't pay hacker, Kinston had previous ransomware attack
- London Mayor Sadiq Khan arrives in Pakistan
- Met Éireann issues snow-ice warning for country