"We are very optimistic, we are confident and want to keep going in this competition".
"We will see who arrives better for the dates of the game. As I always say, we need to be ready to play all the teams and we will be ready". I like to win. I like to win and when we lose, I'm not happy.
"This league is not simple".
Chelsea have been regulars in the Champions League for more than a decade now (barring the 2016/17 season) and there have been several mouth watering clashes with top teams across Europe in the round of 16.
"I think our priority must be the league, must be to try to stay up and try to fight for a Champions League place".
"It's important to find a solution in this moment and not to look too far (ahead)", he added.
Wide cracks in the relationship between manager and board had begun to show around the end of the transfer window, with the Italian frustrated with the club's inability to bring in his top targets while their Premier League rivals struggled with no such issues.
Conte reiterated it is "impossible" for Chelsea to defend their Premier League title after suffering their fourth top-flight defeat of the season away at West Ham on Saturday.
Conte later told a briefing with daily newspapers that Morata would not be available for the trip to Huddersfield.
- Z100 Jingle Ball: Taylor Swift headlines Madison Square Garden show
- Donald Trump plans to send USA astronauts back to moon
- Doklam diplomacy shows relation with India is good, says China
- Iron Dome Intercepts Rockets Fired From Gaza
- LiAngelo Ball, LaMelo Ball agree to one-year deals with Vytautas Prienai
- Donald Trump's reported TV habits would 'get most Americans sacked'
- What's China's Stance on Trump's Jerusalem Decision?
- Charles Jenkins: US soldier who defected to North Korea dies
- The FCC and FTC announce partnership to watch the internet burn
- Wrestler Rich Swann arrested, charged with battery of wife