After highs of 53 degrees Monday and 59 degrees Tuesday, it's about to get cold this week. Conditions will clear Sunday though we could see flurries early with temperatures in the high 30s. Cold rain showers possibly return by Thursday evening, especially along the Grand Strand.
As the cold air catches up with the back edge of the rain, snow may briefly fall in the higher terrain of the central and northern Appalachian Mountains Tuesday night into Wednesday morning. The chances of rain inland are lower.
"It will get very cold in these parts of Ireland, with temperatures dropping to -3C at night", he said.
"Warmer and wet next few days and a cold front Wednesday afternoon will make it colder towards the weekend", News 12 Long Island meteorologist Rich Hoffman said. Rain amounts of around one-half inch are likely. That will change with the passage of a strong cold front late Tuesday and early Wednesday. Highs will be generally in the 40s for area along I-20 and to the north, with 50s for the southern counties of the state.
Prolonged periods of cold weather can be risky, especially for the very young, very old or those with chronic diseases.
Friday: Partly sunny with a high near 31 degrees and a low of about 23 degrees.
Sunny and cool weather sticks around through the upcoming weekend with another possible freeze to start the morning on Sunday.
While there'll be sunny spells during the day, rain, sleet and snow is forecast.
Computer guidance is mixed on the extended forecast, but there are at least some indications that the much-colder weather could last well into mid or late December.
"By Friday the United Kingdom will be in an Arctic Maritime air mass with temperatures across the country staying in low single figures by day and below freezing by night".
- It's here: Amazon finally launches in Australia
- Exchanges Set To Launch Bitcoin Futures Trading
- Elton John in 'shock' over mother's death
- Voyager 1 probe fires long-dormant thrusters in interstellar space
- Junket tourism
- NY AG Calls for Probe, Delayed Net Neutrality Vote
- Bill O'Reily, Fox News Sued for Disparaging Female Accuser
- FDA approves first biosimilar for treatment of certain breast, stomach cancers
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?
- You won't be forgotten: B-town mourns Shashi Kapoor's death