Overall, 4,51,069 cases of road rage and rash driving was reported in the country in 2015. In the crimes against children, 145 cases were of kidnapping or abduction, 46 were of compelling girls for marriage. When it comes to sexual harassment, Andhra Pradesh, with 1,305 cases, is behind only three States in the country.
In addition, among the 19 major cities, Delhi also reported 38.8 per cent of total IPC criminal cases, followed by Bengaluru at 8.9 per cent and Mumbai at 7.7 per cent. Delhi has the distinction of the highest crime rate of 182.1 as compared to the national average of 77.2. Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh reported the highest incidence of rape with 4,882 cases (12.5%) and 4,816 (12.4%) followed by Maharashtra 4,189 (10.7%) during 2016.
Cases of juveniles in conflict with the law have gone up again after a dip of 13.1% was registered in 2015 over 2014. A total of 91 cases were registered in Karnataka in 2016. Mumbai came in second, with 5,128 cases reported. In 2015, 365 cases of crime were recorded to have taken placec against foreigners. In Crime against women, Delhi reported highest crime rate of 160.4 in comparison to national average rate of 55.2.
This year, a total of 8,132 cases of human trafficking were reported in the country with West Bengal reporting the highest number of cases (3,579) sharing almost 44% of the total cases followed by Rajasthan (1,422) sharing 17.9% of such cases in the country.
Moreover, in the category of crimes registered under IPC Section 354 Orissa tops the list with a crime rate of 23.1, which is the highest in the country. Maharashtra reported highest 11,396 cases, followed by UP with 11,335 cases and MP with 8,717 cases.
Of the total crimes, 29,75,711 are those registered under Indian Penal Code (IPC) and 18,55,804 under Special and Local Laws (SLL), the NCRB data said.
Delhi also reported the highest number of kidnappings and abductions - 5,453 cases (48.3 percent) followed by Mumbai with 1,876 cases (16.6 percent) and Bengaluru 879 cases (7.8 percent) during 2016. Along with losing this despicable rank for the first time in the previous two years, Mumbai has also been recorded as a city having a lower crime rate per one lakh population than Delhi and Bengaluru and is now behind Kochi (2nd), Nagpur (8th), and Pune (12th) at the 15th position. There is an increase in crimes including rapes, kidnapping/abductions, offences against children, atrocities against Dalits and tribals, senior citizens and the number of juveniles involved in crimes.
- Jose Mourinho unfazed by Romelu Lukaku goal drought for Manchester United
- Federal Bureau of Investigation arrests 70-year-old retiree for possession of 'biological weapon'
- Ericsson keeps seat at Sauber for 2018 alongside Leclerc
- Missing teen found with soccer coach has 'emotional reunion' with family
- Shohei Ohtani will sign with an Major League Baseball team by Christmas
- Jimmy Kimmel accepts Roy Moore invite after Twitter war
- NC Police: Missing three-year-old girl is believed to be dead
- Trump "very happy" after Flynn plea: "There's been absolutely no collusion".
- Saleh Seeks New Page With Saudi-Led Coalition as Yemen Clashes Rage
- Aaron Boone Walks into Perfect Job as Next New York Yankees Manager