Forecasters called for a mix of snow and sleet Friday in several states, causing heartache for Southerners who have endured epic traffic jams at the first sign of wintry weather.
This includes areas from Louisiana to parts of Alabama, Georgia and the Carolinas.
The snow flurries visible in portions of Metro Detroit on Thursday morning are a precursor to what's expected to be the first sticky snowfall of winter 2017. The chance of precipitation is 60 percent Friday night.
People down in Atlantic City and Cape May usually have to wait until the third or fourth week of December to brush snow off their cars.
The winter weather advisory goes into effect at 9 p.m. Thursday and will last until noon Friday.
AMOUNTS: Snow accumulation should be generally 1 inch or less, mostly on grassy areas and elevated surfaces.
Temperatures in the Atlanta area should be slightly above freezing and won't fluctuate much through the day, Nadler said.
· Soil temperature is 53 degrees as of this morning. Temperatures in the Cobb area are expected to be in the high 30s, and the chance of precipitation is 90 percent. There remain options on the table for this forecast to change.
After a warmer than normal fall the colder than normal temperatures are expected to stick around into the second half of December.
In the meantime, expect mostly clear skies Thursday, with a high near 46 degrees, it said. This is the show all about weather featuring many familiar voices, including meteorologists at ABC 33/40.
- Roy Moore Accuser Admits Adding Notation To Yearbook Inscription
- Ultimate Software in top 10 on Glassdoor's 'Best Places to Work'
- Steelers' Smith-Schuster, Bengals' Iloka each banned 1 game
- US Assured Pakistan Of 'No Indian Military Role In Afghanistan'
- Modi praises Sunni Board's stance on Ram Mandir hearing issue
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?
- Super Earth : A planet like ours, that may host alien life
- First Lady Melania Trump Stops by Whataburger While in Texas
- Did Trump's Teeth Almost Fall Out During His Historic Israel Speech?
- Pope calls for 'status quo' of Jerusalem to be respected