Although, Google's Android Oreo Go OS and Files Go! storage app were the headliners at its India event, the company also had two more surprises in tow: a two-wheeler mode for Maps and a bi-lingual version of its Assistant for Indian feature phone JioPhone.
Motorbikes, such as scooters and motorcycles, are very popular in some countries, as well as in big cities around the world.
According to Caesar Sengupta, Vice-President, Next Billion Users at Google said, "Our India-first suite of products and features are aimed to help more people discover how the internet can make life easier and more convenient - whether it's helping pay bills on time, navigating through the quickest routes or searching for answers to questions wherever we are".
Google has introduced a new "two-wheelers mode" on Google Maps to offer navigation routes that are optimized for two-wheeler drivers.
"We don't adapt maps for India".
She explained that the two-wheeler feature will see Google Maps recommending alternative routes that it won't for cars, such as some alleyways that are permissible to bikes. There are back roads that two-wheelers can take but cars can't. Google will also be launching the two-wheeler mode in maps in other parts of the world after its roll out in India which is the largest two-wheeler market in the world. In a similar situation, a vehicle owner would navigate to his destination using Google Maps.
This new feature is pegged to give more accurate travel time, improved landmark navigation which will be different than that under the, 'Drive, ' mode for four wheelers.
It has the same features as we see in other commute options.
Further, the mode also provides customized traffic and arrival time estimations.
- Austrian court rules in favor of same-sex marriage
- Trump aide Flynn planned to 'rip up' Russian Federation sanctions
- Amazon launches Prime Now in Singapore
- Alleged plot to blow up Theresa May foiled
- Mueller's Trump Finances Subpoena Was Never Sent, Here's Why
- MS Dhoni set to join CSK squad for IPL 2018 edition
- Liverpool 7-0 Spartak Moscow
- Steinhoff shares plunge 66% as CEO quits amid accounting scandal
- US Sens. Reed, Whitehouse call on Sen. Franken to resign
- House Of Cards WILL return with Robin Wright as the lead