Spencer tweeted photos with Roz - and his post now has more than one million likes on Twitter. They eventually played more than 300 games against each other. "Today I got to go to Florida and meet her in person", Sleyon, who lives in Harlem, New York, tweeted on December 1.
Over the weekend, thousands of people were touched as a 22-year-old shared his story of finally uniting with his 81-year-old game buddy in real life. The two started playing the online game over a year ago and have played more than 300 games together. Because one Words with Friends player, Spencer Sleyon, has a good one.
"I was like, yo, how do you know that word?" The pastor arranged for a meeting in West Palm Beach on Friday.
Ms Butler said she has used the example of their friendship in sermons, as Spencer is a friend of her daughter's.
The story of Spencer and Roz's unlikely friendship quickly went viral once it was shared on Twitter
On Friday, Sleyon flew from NY to West Palm Beach to meet his online friend. Yet the two became unlikely friends as they continued to play Words with Friends matches against one another.
"She came to me weeks later and asked me how would I be interested in going to Florida for a day to meet her", Sleyon said.
Butler then made a decision to bring the two together, coordinating the meeting and flying down to Florida with Sleyon.
- Supermoon lights up the sky
- San Marcos mourns first officer killed in line of duty
- John Conyers will leave Congress in wake of harassment claims
- Mueller issues subpoena to Deutsche Bank in Russian Federation probe
- Senior UN official in North Korea to meet top leaders
- Kevin Durant, DeMarcus Cousins Ejected Amid Testy Warriors-Pelicans Tussle
- Warriors' Stephen Curry seriously hurts ankle in win against Pelicans
- Billy Bush interview delivers Colbert best ratings since August Scaramucci interview
- Junket tourism
- 21st Century Fox Buyout Reports