These posts are suggested based on posts liked by accounts you follow.
Some people aren't really too happy with having recommended posts mixed in with your feed.
Now alive and breathing, this feature suggests 3-5 posts by mirroring photos/videos that have already been liked by accounts partakers voluntarily chose to follow.
Perhaps the biggest downside of the new feature is that users do not have the option of disabling it.
This isn't the first time that recommended content has been pushed forward by the Facebook-owned company. The photo-sharing platform has offered recommended content in the past. One of the largest one since the company chose to switch the standard chronological feed style to algorithmic one along with the introduction of applications.
Well, as you can see, if you dislike the "Recommended for You" posts, there's no way you can get rid of them permanently as Instagram will only allow you to hide such posts temporarily.
Instagram Stories has been a massive hit since it came out previous year, but you might not know that you can record Stories clips without having to hold one of your digits on the record key. To get more followers, you need to keep your profile attractive. You will see different hashtags displayed in your search result along with related accounts. The recommended shots, which are clearly labeled as such, will of course be selected by Instagram's carefully designed algorithms in the hope that each image will pique your interest and prompt you to follow whoever took it. For the hashtags, you can easily opt in and out voluntarily.
Previously if you had wanted to see some recommended posts you would have to visit the Explore section which does not interfere with the users normal browsing of their feed.
Another Twitter user was also unimpressed by the new update.
- State Department: US, Russia Agree to Continue Diplomacy Over N. Korea
- Microsoft launches GroupMe on Xbox One
- TRACKING: Dangerous Wind Chills into the New Year
- Abu Dhabi MWTC: Bautista Agut sets Djokovic clash. Anderson will face Thiem
- USA stocks open higher; S&P 500 tracking for best year since 2013
- The iPhone 'forces' Tim Cook to fly private
- Activision Blizzard, Inc. (ATVI) on Focus After Forming Bullish Multiple Top Pattern
- Ben Crump to represent family of teen injured during Troy arrest
- Prince Harry describes 'fantastic' Christmas with Meghan Markle
- Selena Gomez and friends in Mexico for New Year celebration