James Harden delivered another dynamic performance with his second straight 51-point outing but once again it wasn't enough as the Houston Rockets lost 128-118 to the Los Angeles Clippers on Friday, December 22 (Saturday Manila time). He exploded right out the gate with a 20 point first quarter.
Rivers made a three-pointer with just less than three minutes to play that pushed the lead to 117-111. Harden has scored 51 points in back-to-back games, but the Rockets have lost both since a 14-game winning streak.
"After the game, Harden vented over what he deemed to be "[expletive] calls". He received a technical for arguing about the call and was ejected from the game.
The Texas-based franchise is now on a two-game losing run and will aim to snap it against the Oklahoma City Thunder in a tasty Christmas Day clash. He's the first National Basketball Association player to score 50 or more in consecutive games since Kobe Bryant did so in four straight in March 2007.
"We just sustained it, stayed focused, locked in on defensive principles, locked in on guys we needed to stop, limited them to what they do best", Brooklyn guard Allen Crabbe said.
Austin Rivers leads the Clippers in the second half to take the win against the Rockets. "None of it matters".
In Milwaukee, Khris Middleton scored 28 points, Giannis Antetokounmpo had 26 and the Bucks overcame a late deficit to beat Charlotte.
Wayne Ellington tied a career high with 28 points and the Heat never trailed in a 113-101 win over the Mavericks.
Kevin Durant had 33 points, seven rebounds, seven assists and four blocks to help Golden State knock off Los Angeles for the second time this week.
Clippers center DeAndre Jordan posted his 19th double-double of the season (15 points, 20 rebounds) and his seventh 20+ rebound game of the season, tops in the National Basketball Association.
The Nets ended a four-game slide as Rondae Hollis-Jefferson had 21 points and 11 rebounds to lead a 119-84 rout of the Wizards.
Nikola Jokic scored 27 points and the Nuggets won for the first time in Portland since 2013, beating the Trail Blazers 102-85.
- London Zoo fire kills one animal, several still missing
- Jonah Hill's Brother Jordan Feldstein Dead at 40
- Virat Kohli takes number 3 spot in Forbes India 2017 Celebrity 100
- We Deserved To Beat Everton- Antonio Conte
- Everything you need to know about Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma's Dehli reception
- I had advised United to sign Jesus and Mbappe: Ryan Giggs
- Sid Meier's Civilization VI is now available on iPad
- Miss America CEO Sam Haskell Resigns Amid Offensive Email Scandal
- Charles Dutoit: Conductor relieved of duties after sex assault claims
- Discovery Communications (DISCA) Stock Rating Upgraded by Bank of America