They include Jordan Peele (Get Out) who seems to be leading the charge, as well as Simon Kinberg (X-Men franchise) and Marco Ramirez (The Defenders). Also serving as executive producers are Win Rosenfelf and Audrey Chon. CBS Television Studios will produce the series in association with Peele's Monkeypaw Productions and Kinberg's Genre Films.
"The original The Twilight Zone bridged science-fiction, horror and fantasy together to explore human nature and provide social commentary in a way that audiences had never seen before".
The original series ran from 1959 to 1964 and told spooky stories about dystopia, alien invaders, adventures in space, killer dolls, nuclear holocausts, ruthless science experiments, the perils of racism, and much more.
"The Twilight Zone was a touchstone in my life", said Simon Kinberg.
The new series will not be the first time the series has been rebooted.
No word yet on when The Twilight Zone will premiere on CBS All Access. It won two Emmys, and Serling won a Golden Globe. This series aired on UPN and was hosted by Forest Whitaker. Sadly, CBS has yet to announce a release window for the most recent reboot.
It also spawned 1983's Twilight Zone: The Movie, which is tragically remembered for the deaths of actor Vic Morrow, and child stars Renee Chen and Myca Dinh Le, in an on-set accident in Santa Clarita, California in July of 1982.
The original "The Twilight Zone" took viewers to another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind.
- Met Éireann issues snow-ice warning for country
- House Of Cards WILL return with Robin Wright as the lead
- PUBG About To Double Its Number Of Map
- Mecklenburg County won't pay hacker, Kinston had previous ransomware attack
- Austrian court rules in favor of same-sex marriage
- Mueller's Trump Finances Subpoena Was Never Sent, Here's Why
- GM will soon lets you order Starbucks from behind the wheel
- Japan Airlines pumps millions into supersonic passenger jet
- Body of woman who vanished after Tinder date found
- Nintendo games remastered for Nvidia Shield in China