The former Sweden global has made a handful of substitute appearances but the 36-year-old is still waiting to make his first start of the season as Lukaku's confidence continues to waiver. But a seven-game goal drought followed, and he's only scored once since the November worldwide break.
"I think that maybe the bigger problem for him is Zlatan Ibrahimovic being there".
Some have claimed Lukaku is a flat-track bully, scoring goals against smaller teams and not in big games.
"No, he's going to score soon", the United boss said.
Indeed, 19.4% went a step further in backing him to silence the remaining critics of not being able to produce in big games as Manchester United visited bitter rivals Liverpool on October 14 by making him their captains. Too many times last season they drew 0-0 and 1-1 with bottom-half-of-the-table or mid-table sides when they dominated the game.
One goal in 11 games is a worrying return from the Belgium global, who couldn't stop scoring at the beginning of the season.
"I don't see Zlatan Ibrahimovic as a threat to Lukaku at all but as a supplement", Neville said in his Super 6 Class of '92 diary.
The one saving grace for Lukaku is that he seemingly retains the full faith of Jose Mourinho, despite the return to fitness of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, with the £75m striker playing every minute of his side's Premier League campaign. I would never blame him for missing an easy chance, never.
- PUBG Xbox One X to Run at 30fps, Greene Clarifies
- Woods opens with 69 at Hero World Challenge
- Feds want to seize Martin Shkreli's Wu-Tang album
- Parham: Sanctions in hand, Ole Miss finally came out publicly firing
- Nissan Kicks CUV debuts at Los Angeles Auto Show
- CME Group Inc (CME) Will Launch Bitcoin Futures On Dec. 18
- Elon Musk's massive battery is up and running in South Australia
- EPA Sets 2018 Renewable Fuel Standard Targets Slightly Higher
- NatWest branches to close in Newport and Bridgnorth
- SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH Gets a 2-Season Order at Netflix