A poor performance at Russian Federation 2018 could see Messi vanish again, though, according to the man himself.
"I think if we do badly in this World Cup, we all have to disappear from the National Team".
"It'll be hard for some to stay on".
FC Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi has explained how he feels about being a substitute on occasion at the Catalan club.
Barca had somehow managed to get to a stage where the five time Ballon d'Or victor was not far removed from being able to negotiate a free transfer away from the Camp Nou in January.
"I've said many times that my dream is to play at Newell's but I don't know what will happen", Messi told TYC Sports.
"I realised that sometimes not playing is for the best". He started Barca's last two Champions League matches as a sub, something he admits he did not like.
He added: "Bench role?"
"For me he is one of the best number nines in the world".
'Being on the bench is frightful.
According to Marca, City also offered the 30-year-old a mouth-watering £850,000-a-week to reunite with former boss Pep Guardiola.
Having been drawn with Nigeria, Iceland and Croatia in Group D in next year's tournament, the five-time Ballon d'Or victor expressed worries about the threat posed by the Super Eagles to his country's chances of reaching the second round.
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?
- GM will soon lets you order Starbucks from behind the wheel
- Mueller's Trump Finances Subpoena Was Never Sent, Here's Why
- Nintendo games remastered for Nvidia Shield in China
- House Of Cards WILL return with Robin Wright as the lead
- Japan Airlines pumps millions into supersonic passenger jet
- Liverpool 7-0 Spartak Moscow
- Met Éireann issues snow-ice warning for country
- Senate Confirms Nielsen to Head Homeland Security
- Junket tourism