A poor performance at Russian Federation 2018 could see Messi vanish again, though, according to the man himself.
"I think if we do badly in this World Cup, we all have to disappear from the National Team".
"It'll be hard for some to stay on".
FC Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi has explained how he feels about being a substitute on occasion at the Catalan club.
Barca had somehow managed to get to a stage where the five time Ballon d'Or victor was not far removed from being able to negotiate a free transfer away from the Camp Nou in January.
"I've said many times that my dream is to play at Newell's but I don't know what will happen", Messi told TYC Sports.
"I realised that sometimes not playing is for the best". He started Barca's last two Champions League matches as a sub, something he admits he did not like.
He added: "Bench role?"
"For me he is one of the best number nines in the world".
'Being on the bench is frightful.
According to Marca, City also offered the 30-year-old a mouth-watering £850,000-a-week to reunite with former boss Pep Guardiola.
Having been drawn with Nigeria, Iceland and Croatia in Group D in next year's tournament, the five-time Ballon d'Or victor expressed worries about the threat posed by the Super Eagles to his country's chances of reaching the second round.
- Mecklenburg County won't pay hacker, Kinston had previous ransomware attack
- Met Éireann issues snow-ice warning for country
- Nintendo games remastered for Nvidia Shield in China
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?
- Junket tourism
- House Of Cards WILL return with Robin Wright as the lead
- Mueller's Trump Finances Subpoena Was Never Sent, Here's Why
- Quentin Tarantino May Boldly Go Into the Star Trek Franchise Next
- Austrian court rules in favor of same-sex marriage
- Body of woman who vanished after Tinder date found