Klopp said: "We knew if we won we would top the group so that's not the biggest surprise but I think it's odd this year in the group stages".
Since then they have played eight games.
Barely a quarter of an hour in, he locked horns with Aleksandr Selikhov again, first firing a curling effort which tested the Spartak goalkeeper before a flowing counter-attack between the "fab four" combination of Mane, Salah and Firmino, whose cut-back allowed his compatriot to sweep home.
Liverpool pressed Spartak heavily with the start of the second half to avoid another comeback scenario like against Sevilla, and their strategy was productive as Milner assisted Mane with an accurate cross and the Senegalese shoots it first time and scores the fourth goal for the home side after four minutes. It also made Liverpool the highest scoring English team in a Champions League group campaign, the second highest ever, and Klopp admitted the attacking prowess of Coutinho, Mané, Salah and Firmino would intimidate every team in Europe providing it is maintained.
"Liverpool won't win the Champions League because they don't have a defence". "I am not going to say what the amount is", said Rondionov.
Prior to this game there were still doubts as to whether Liverpool had what it takes to qualify. I don't think there are a lot of options for English teams in next round but it is good news for English football.
"When it was 6-0", Klopp said, "we were looking at each other (on the Liverpool bench) and saying, 'How did this happen?'"
The negatives for Liverpool were the yellow card for Emre Can, which rules him out of the first leg of the last 16, and a first-half injury to left back Alberto Moreno that could force him out of the Merseyside derby against Everton on Sunday.
- Trump aide Flynn planned to 'rip up' Russian Federation sanctions
- US Sens. Reed, Whitehouse call on Sen. Franken to resign
- Steinhoff shares plunge 66% as CEO quits amid accounting scandal
- LA's Getty Center was built with fire protection in mind
- Firefighters battle Creek fire above Sylmar
- Black Mirror Premiere Date & Full Trailer Released
- Amazon launches Prime Now in Singapore
- Alleged plot to blow up Theresa May foiled
- Google removes YouTube access from Amazon's FireTV
- Pizza Hut testing beer and wine delivery