The Grammy-winning singer's live performance in Times Square on New Year's Eve 2016 was marked by problems.
Mariah Carey is set to headline ABC's annual "Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve" performance on December 31, despite having bombed the prior year's performance. "See you in Times Square!" said Carey in a statement.
But both sides have kissed and made up.
Ms. Carey, 47, was the final pre-midnight performer on the show as 2017 approached, but she bungled notes and lyrics as she appeared to struggle with her prerecorded backing track. Stella Bulochnikov, her manager at the time, accused the show of sabotaging the performance "to get ratings". One year later, it seems that Carey is out for a redo and will return to the broadcast to perform to close out the year.
Producers of the popular year-end program have confirmed that Carey will ring in 2018 with a celebratory performance. "The songstress took to Instagram on Friday, December 22 to announce that she would be once again hitting the stage on "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin" Eve with Ryan Seacrest".
The latest New Year's Eve celebration will also feature pop singer Nick Jonas and the former Fifth Harmony vocalist Camila Cabello, whose debut solo album is one of the most anticipated releases of early 2018.
After the show, Carey posted a meme of herself on social media with the message '(expletive) happens'.
She had planned for a 2018 tour in October which featured unusual venue choices including the Melbourne Showgrounds and an outdoor performance in an amphitheatre at Parramatta Park for her only NSW show.
- Trump's wall gets go-ahead... at his golf resort in Co Clare
- Newcastle in talks over January deal for PL dazzler - confirmed
- Mom gives teachers wine bottles with son's face on them
- Facing a Property-Tax Double Whammy
- Jonah Hill's Brother Jordan Feldstein Dead at 40
- Texas High School Kicker Joins Elite Group of Female Football Players
- Meghan Trainor and Daryl Sabara Are Engaged!
- London Zoo fire kills one animal, several still missing
- Papa John's founder exiting as CEO weeks after National Football League comments
- Virat Kohli takes number 3 spot in Forbes India 2017 Celebrity 100