For the past two seasons of Indian Premier League 2018, Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals were in suspension and banned for alleged spot-fixing and betting.
As per the governing council's decision, a franchise can retain five players using one of the two combinations - three pre-auction retentions and two RTMs or two pre-auction retentions and three RTMs.
Regarding the the rules on retaining players, a total of Rs 33 crore from the Rs 80 crore purse will be deducted if three players are retained by the franchise before the auction.
The IPL Governing Council had allowed a maximum of either three retentions or three Right To Match (RTM) at the discretion of the franchises.
Both CSK and RR can retain/use RTM for any of the players who represented them in the 2015 edition of the Indian Premier League.
It is learnt that the franchise needs to include a minimum of three Indians among their five retained players.
Minimum expenditure: 75 percent of the salary cap for each season. For Dhoni and CSK fans, it means that MSD will don the yellow jersey once again. 2 Maximum number of 2 Overseas players. To further explain the math, the first player to be retained pre-auction will get Rs 15 crore, the second player will get Rs 11 crore and and third Rs seven crore. Mumbai Indians will retain Rohit Sharma, Kieron Pollard, Jasprit Bumrah, and the Pandya brothers (Hardik and Krunal) and also Royal Challengers Bangalore retains Virat Kohli, AB de Villiers, and Chris Gayle but Shane Watson is not confirmed. A retention of only two players would cost them INR 12.5 and 8.5 (INR 21 Crores) respectively.
If a team does not wish to retain any player, it will still have the option of three Right to Match.
In July 2017, The Board of Control for Cricket in India said on Friday that Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals would be back for 2018 IPL.
The auction reserve prices have also been increased, with a hike of Rs 10 lakh in the prices for uncapped players, which will now begin from Rs 20, 30 or 40 lakh.
- Oklahoma RB Anderson accused of sexual assault; he denies it
- Jeremy Hunt tells Facebook to act responsibly over Messenger app for children
- Samsung Starts Production of First 512GB UFS Package for Mobile Devices
- Firefighters battle Creek fire above Sylmar
- Lamborghini Urus Debuts as World's Fastest SUV
- Lebanese Prime Minister Revokes Resignation Amid Consensus Deal With Rivals
- What Happened To John Mayer? Why Singer Canceled Dec. 5 Concert
- Apple To Be Charged $15 Billion As Back Tax By Ireland
- Apple Pay Cash Launched; Its Easy As Sending a Message
- U.S. top court leaves in place Texas ruling questioning gay spousal benefits