Arizona State's bold move is official.
If Herm Edwards dislikes devils, he may want to reconsider taking Arizona State's head-coaching job.
What's more, the 63-year-old Edwards is jumping back into the fray under a "New Leadership Model" at Arizona State, where he's the "CEO" of the football program and "will be similar to an NFL approach using a general manager structure".
The announcement, released on ASU's athletics website, comes after reports last week said Edwards would accept the position.
"Our goal for this football program is to reach unprecedented heights, and therefore we need to find a way to operate more innovatively and efficiently than we have in the past", Anderson said.
And the Sun Devils are going to take an NFL-like approach to their coaching now as well. He coached the Chiefs from 2006-08, after several seasons with the New York Jets, accumulating a 54-74 record over his eight seasons between both franchises. Edwards previously coached in the National Football League with the New York Jets and Kansas City Chiefs before serving as an analyst at ESPN since 2009.
Anderson, who spent over eight years as the NFL's executive vice president of football operations, was an agent and used to represent Edwards.
The reality is Arizona State fired Todd Graham, who was 46-31 after six seasons. Bringing in Edwards to run the football program has created a stir nationally and within the Sun Devils' fan base.
Edwards also offered up this gem as he paraphrased former Arizona State star Pat Tillman: "Football ignites my soul".
- It's here: Amazon finally launches in Australia
- Roses are red: Georgia heads to Pasadena for playoff
- Famed Met Opera Conductor Accused Of Molesting Teen For Years
- Mega Man 11 Officially Announced
- Google adds more browsing security to your Android device
- LaVar Ball pulls son LiAngelo Ball out of UCLA, ESPN reports
- Exchanges Set To Launch Bitcoin Futures Trading
- Rak-Su win The X Factor 2017
- Penn State to Face Washington in Fiesta Bowl
- Ali spoils Cotto's farewell battle with resolution win