The petition filed against Anderson on Monday alleges the Sooners' rushing leader forced himself on the woman on November 16 and that she remembers "feeling like (she) couldn't get away". "We went to a second bar and I was planning on ubering home myself, Rodney's friends were insistent that he take me home", the document reads.
A hearing on the protective order has been scheduled for December 18 at 11 a.m. ET.
Oklahoma is set to play against Georgia in the Rose Bowl on January 1, 2018, as one of the two College Football Playoff semifinals.
The woman said she later recalled incidents she say happened inside her apartment, including forceful contact and biting. She says she tried to get away to put clothes on, but he followed her and asked what she was doing. As of now, Anderson is still a member of the team.
The Washington Post does not normally name the victims of sexual assault.
"Mr. Anderson first learned of (the woman's) request for a civil protective order late yesterday evening", Chance said in the statement.
Anderson's Oklahoma City-based attorney, Derek Chance, released a statement to multiple news outlets Tuesday morning refuting the claims and stating Anderson's innocence.
Anderson's lawyer called the allegation "patently false", according to ESPN.
Anderson is the Sooners' leading rusher, averaging nearly 6.0 yards per carry with 960 yards rushing and 11 touchdowns.
An OU spokesman said Monday night the school was aware and gathering more information. Heading into the national semifinals against Georgia on January 1, it appears Oklahoma has another bad situation on its hands.
The Oklahoman reported that Anderson denies the rape claim and contends that the accusation is being made because "he rejected the woman's attempts to pursue a relationship with him".
Anderson, who struggled with injuries the last two years, inherited the starting RB role from Joe Mixon, who was drafted to play in the National Football League despite an ugly incident on his record in which he punched a woman in the face.
- Supermoon lights up the sky
- Harlem Rapper Finally Meets His 81-Year-Old 'Words With Friends' Buddy
- OR will Take on (25) Boise State in Las Vegas Bowl
- 21st Century Fox Buyout Reports
- Airplane Flight Crew Gets Front Row Seat To North Korean Missile Test
- Toys 'R' Us Looks to Close Some UK Stores
- Alex Hales: England batsman not charged by police and available for selection
- Mueller issues subpoena to Deutsche Bank in Russian Federation probe
- Jeremy Hunt tells Facebook to act responsibly over Messenger app for children
- World's largest Starbucks store to open in China