Taggart also spent three seasons as head coach at Western Kentucky, taking the Hilltoppers from 2-10 in his first season to back-to-back 7-5 campaigns in 2011 and 2012.
In that way, he's the flawless fit to fix FSU's season-long mishap, as the Seminoles are stocked with talent despite their 6-6 record. His energy, the coaches he brought on board, all made the difference and could still lead to an 8-5 season.
Taggert himself has confirmed to national media he's agreed to a contract to come to Florida State, and succeed Jimbo Fisher who left last week to become the head coach at Texas A&M.
Taggart is considered a skilled recruiter, and given his ties to Florida, he should have success in a talent-rich state. According to multiple reports, FSU is Taggart's "dream job".
Taggart has previous head coaching stops at Western Kentucky (16-20 overall record in three years), South Florida (24-25 overall record in four years) before he accepted the OR head coaching job last December.
With Taggart now on board, Florida State can fully focus their attention on the Independence Bowl against Southern Mississippi on Saturday December 30th.
FSU reached the 6-6 mark by winning a rescheduled game over UL-Monroe. After quarterback Deondre Francois was injured in the highly-anticipated opener against Alabama, FSU, ranked No. 3 to begin the season, got off to a awful 2-5 start.
The Florida State Seminoles have found their new head coach.
This will be the first time since 1960 that UF and FSU have had to replace their football coaches in the same year. He has been three places and done his best to leave them better than when he arrived.
- World's largest Starbucks store to open in China
- Mueller issues subpoena to Deutsche Bank in Russian Federation probe
- 21st Century Fox Buyout Reports
- Junket tourism
- Billy Bush interview delivers Colbert best ratings since August Scaramucci interview
- IATA: Global passenger demand rebounded in October
- Alex Hales: England batsman not charged by police and available for selection
- Kim Kardashian angers Taylor Swift's fans after posting photo of controversial waxwork
- Harlem Rapper Finally Meets His 81-Year-Old 'Words With Friends' Buddy
- Cinnabon fuses cookie, cinnamon bun for new treat on National Cookie Day