We have to see what will Bhansali do finally, while Deepika Padukone, Ranvir Singh and Shahid Kapoor moved to their next projects already but waiting to promote this film. "Considering complexities and concerns around the film the requirement for a special panel was felt by CBFC to add perspective to the final decision", ANI quoted the board as saying.
Mumbai (Maharashtra) [India], Dec 30: Erstwhile royal of Udaipur, Vishvaraj Singh, on Saturday slammed Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) Chairman Prasson Joshi for suggesting modifications to the controversial film "Padmavati" without his accord.
Other major modifications would include changes in the Ghoomar song, to befit the character of Rani Padmini.
The film got stuck in controversy after various Rajput groups alleged that it distorts history, a claim repeatedly denied by the director.
It consisted of the regular committee members, along with the CBFC officials and a special advisory panel in the presence of Chairman Prasoon Joshi.
Members of the political organisation also physically assaulted Bhansali during the film's shooting in Jaipur earlier this year.
The film Padmavati had yet not been certified by the CBFC, causing delay in its release!
Joshi reportedly said that filmmakers had agreed to the CBFC's suggestions, but no official comment was issued by Viacom18.
President of Rajput Sabha Giriraj Singh Lotwara said that it was unfortunate that the board wants to favour the film producers instead of considering recommendations of the panel that reviewed the film. The Bollywood period drama is based on an epic 16th-century poem, "Padmavat", by Sufi author Malik Muhammad Jayasi.
"The film was approached with a balanced view keeping in mind both the filmmakers and the society", it added.
The group also held protests against the film in several states and Rajput community members have burned effigies of Bhansali. "Our people will be outside cinema halls and each hall which shows the film will be vandalised". He had said that Deepika's character does not share screen space with the character of Allauddin Khilji's character, portrayed by Ranveer Singh.
- USA stocks open higher; S&P 500 tracking for best year since 2013
- Abu Dhabi MWTC: Bautista Agut sets Djokovic clash. Anderson will face Thiem
- Cong MLA slaps constable, gets slapped back
- Cenk Tosun & Steven N'Zonzi on Sam Allardyce's January list
- Turkey, Russia sign S-400 missile system loan deal
- No Injuries as Israeli Tanks, Jets Strike Hamas Positions in Gaza
- Selena Gomez and friends in Mexico for New Year celebration
- The iPhone 'forces' Tim Cook to fly private
- Soldier dies after trying to rescue residents from Bronx fire
- Instagram's Feed to Now Show 'Recommended for You' Posts