Pizza Hut is letting customers in certain test markets include alcoholic beverages for delivery along with their pizza.
In Phoenix, the initial beer selection will be six-packs of Budweiser, Bud Light, Shock Top and Kilt Lifter, a local favorite.
The director of brand marketing for Pizza Hut Stacy Lynn Bourgeois said the pizza chain was excited about offering delivery of beer and wine, calling it a convenience for its customers.
This content is published through a licensing agreement with Acquire Media using its NewsEdge technology.
And Phoenix will be the first location for the new pilot program. When you order a greasy Pizza Hut pie, you will be able to order six packs of Anheuser-Busch beers for $10.99 apiece. Jack in the Box also made waves a few years ago with the late-night-only "Munchies Menu", a wink-and-nod acknowledgement that people will eat too much fast food after smoking too much weed. However, Pizza Hut had not performed as while as sister chains KFC and Taco Bell, which has spurred this attempt of a turnaround by the company.
The hope is that by adding beer and wine to its delivery menu, the company will have an extra edge over competitors. Bourgeois added that Pizza Hut stores will need a license to distribute alcohol and delivery drivers must be 21 or older to deliver the goods. By the end of the year, the company expects to hire 14,000 new drivers.
This beer delivery move comes after Yum poured $130 million into Pizza Hut in April in order to better compete with rivals Domino's and Papa Johns. Customers also have to have their IDs ready at the door to take advantage of delivery.
- Samsung Starts Production of First 512GB UFS Package for Mobile Devices
- Apple Pay Cash Launched; Its Easy As Sending a Message
- Junket tourism
- OR will Take on (25) Boise State in Las Vegas Bowl
- What Happened To John Mayer? Why Singer Canceled Dec. 5 Concert
- Lebanese Prime Minister Revokes Resignation Amid Consensus Deal With Rivals
- Apple To Be Charged $15 Billion As Back Tax By Ireland
- Lamborghini Urus Debuts as World's Fastest SUV
- Oklahoma RB Anderson accused of sexual assault; he denies it
- Black Mirror Premiere Date & Full Trailer Released