"ASUS NovaGo reinvents the concept of laptop connectivity and productivity - it's the world's first announced laptop that is connected virtually anywhere, at any time, with the new Gigabit LTE network*; and lasts up to 22 hours on a single charge for "all-day" battery life".
In a blog post about the new PCs, Microsoft Executive Vice President of the Windows and Devices Group Terry Myerson described the arrival of Always Connected PCs as an important technological progression, on par with the original laptop, virtual reality and cloud computing. Both of the devices have LTE connectivity built into it which makes them Ultra mobile PCs.
The back of the machine will be made from machined aluminum for a high-end look and will sport a camera that will work with the new 3D features in the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
The screen turns on "instantly" whenever you pick up the device. I never have to wait for it to wake up, it's just on.
But what's really special about Always Connected PCs is that they're ARM-based, just like most Android smartphones.
Lastly, the battery life is just awesome! Not carrying around power cords is liberating. To further that vision, HP's Kevin Frost took the stage to introduce the company's upcoming Snapdragon 835-powered Envy x2 convertible.
Rumored for next generation flagships like the Samsung Galaxy S9 and LG G7, Qualcomm today officially announced the Snapdragon 845 processor. Additionally, these type of PCs can run either Windows 10 or Windows 10 S: the first models from Asus and HP will actually run the more secure Windows 10 S out of the box, but customers will be able to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free for a limited time.
The first products using the processor will likely come towards the middle or end of 2018. If the built-in x86 emulator in Windows 10 on ARM can really deliver performance that matches what we find on PCs with Intel and AMD processors, then Microsoft and its OEM partners can well have a hit on their hands.
- Trump Urging Hatch to Run Again
- Cougars Return to Holiday Bowl to Face Michigan State
- Jasprit Bumrah earns maiden India Test call-up ahead of South Africa series
- Ex-president of Yemen killed by rebels
- Venezuela's Maduro, under pressure from United States sanctions, vows to launch cryptocurrency
- Jimbo Fisher gets $75 million deal to coach Texas A&M
- Senior UN official in North Korea to meet top leaders
- Number of flu cases already higher than past year
- United States defence secy Mattis lands in Pakistan
- Avoid using anti-virus software linked to Russian Federation , warns cybersecurity expert