Sister Rosetta Tharpe, the Arkansas-born gospel great who was an electric guitar pioneer and who spent the last 15 years of her life in Philadelphia - she's buried in Northwood Cemetery - was inducted as an early influence.
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame class of 2018 has been announced. An edited version will air later on HBO and there will be a radio broadcast on SiriusXM. Sambora tells Variety, "Oh yeah, I have no problem playing".
Bryan reveals that Bon Jovi are willing to reunite for the event with former members Richie Sambora and original bassist Alec John Such. They got back together in 2010 with the album Move Like This then toured the United States in 2011. "Us Brits are very bad at celebrating ourselves". You'll see the current lineup and then see the original It should be a fun night.
While it will always be an institution, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame does have a problem attracting younger people, and part of the reason is that the bands included are, for the most part, not as beloved by or relevant to younger crowds.
But this year, the five inductees are nearly a mirror image of the top fan vote-getters, as though the electors didn't know whom to vote for and watched the results of the straw poll for guidance. "Most of all, I'd like to thank all of our fans who have supported us over the years, and have steadfastly stood by us".
While the Simone decision certainly seems like a similar decision on the surface, it makes far more sense for a jazz musician to be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame than a rap artist, as the beginnings of rock and roll are traced back to jazz and blues.
Also inducted this year was the legendary Nina Simone. Should that be the case in April in Cleveland, it would mark the first public performance by Dire Straits since the group disbanded in 1995.
- LiAngelo Ball Says UCLA Told Him To Thank Donald Trump
- Suspect In Custody After Explosion At Subway Station In Midtown Manhattan
- Floyd Mayweather says he could make a billion dollars fighting in UFC
- Nationwide raids on 9 Bitcoin exchanges
- Okinawa police inspect U.S. helicopter after incident
- West Ham Manager Explains Reasons Behind Andre Ayew's Lack Of Game Time
- Apple awards Finisar $390 million from its Advanced Manufacturing Fund
- ADB lowers India's GDP forecast for FY-18 to 6.7 per cent
- Coming to tablets and more Android phones
- Google to open AI research centre in China