Originally created by legendary game designer Sid Meier, Civilization is a turn-based strategy game in which you attempt to build an empire to stand the test of time.
The whole team worked really hard for this, and normally, they had to lose some stuff in order to make it iPad-friendly - no more animated screens, no more strategic view mode, but other than that, it's safe to say that now you're favourite game as you know it, comes in plan easier for you to play it.
The Firaxis developed turn-based strategy title, Civilization VI, arrived on PC over a year ago, and now, the award-winning game has quietly released on the iPad.
The Civilization 6 iPad port will apparently be a near-complete port of the original game, though the upcoming Rise and Fall expansion and apparently other DLC won't be included along with it. Aspyr has said, however, that they plan to implement DLC sometime in the future even if they can't now guarantee a timeline.
Of course Civ VI is rarely $60 on PC anymore, so I wouldn't be surprised to see that launch special become a permanent pricepoint. However, the game is now on sale for half off, $29.99. And if we think about the fact that the same game is at the same price if you want to get it for your PC, we think this whole deal is just brilliant! To make a comparison, 2K Games charged players $19.99 when the XCOM: Enemy Unknown was launched for iOS in 2013. Civilization VI has touch controls and will not support controllers at this time. However, the port does not support controllers. "This is Civilization VI", Aspyr Media told Polygon. This is not surprising, but it cuts out the entire iPad mini line-which is still available for sale from Apple-and the original iPad Air, which is still popular and in use.
- Federal Bureau of Investigation thwarts ISIS-inspired Christmas terror attack on San Francisco
- Impartial Russian athletes can't put on pink, white and blue
- Nebraska's unemployment rate fall to 2.7 percent; Iowa's at 2.9 percent
- Pakistan denounced as 'terrorist state' after four Indian soldiers killed in Kashmir
- Newcastle in talks over January deal for PL dazzler - confirmed
- Police Fatally Shoot 7-Year-Old While Searching for a Wanted Felon
- Papa John's founder exiting as CEO weeks after National Football League comments
- Meghan Markle Met with Racist Greeting at the Queens Christmas Lunch
- Facing a Property-Tax Double Whammy
- Dave Chappelle to release two Netflix specials on New Year's Eve