Morris played a key role in helping Clemson become a national power when he was offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach from 2011 to 2014.
Morris provided the SMU program with some signature wins. He has spent time at SMU, Clemson, Tulsa, and 16 years at the Texas high school level going 169-38.
The potential addition of Morris would mean Arkansas made two important hires this week.
The Razorbacks fired Bret Bielema last month after the team finished 4-8 in his fifth season.
Morris inherited a major rebuild at SMU, which went 1-11 the year before he arrived.
Morris is considered one of the top offensive-minded coaches in college football.
The 49-year-old Morris is known for a high-scoring, spread offense and putting up points and yards in a hurry. He won consecutive state titles at Lake Travis and also was the head coach at Stephenville, Bay City, Elysian Fields and Eustace.
"As we began our search for the next head football coach of the Arkansas Razorbacks, Chad Morris was a name that quickly emerged as someone that would be an excellent choice for our program. I am pleased that Hunter Yurachek had the opportunity to be involved in the final decision and offer and we can not wait to have Chad leading our program".
- Junket tourism
- What Happened To John Mayer? Why Singer Canceled Dec. 5 Concert
- 21st Century Fox Buyout Reports
- Oklahoma RB Anderson accused of sexual assault; he denies it
- Harlem Rapper Finally Meets His 81-Year-Old 'Words With Friends' Buddy
- U.S. top court leaves in place Texas ruling questioning gay spousal benefits
- Jeremy Hunt tells Facebook to act responsibly over Messenger app for children
- OR will Take on (25) Boise State in Las Vegas Bowl
- Google removes YouTube access from Amazon's FireTV
- Lamborghini Urus Debuts as World's Fastest SUV