Ubisoft already has a fairly big 2018 lined up, but some of the titles planned for release next year have been hit with a delay.
Christine Burgess-Quemard, Ubisoft's Worldwide Studios Executive Director, said "This decision is in line with our strategic vision of developing even more engaging and higher quality experiences for gamers". This influenced the decision to "invest additional time in development" so that game makers can gather additional player feedback and really put out a well-made game.
Far Cry 5 is now slated for release on March 27 instead of February 27, which in only a delay by a month, so that's not to terribly bad. Now we know one of the reasons for this.
Far Cry 5 takes place in Hope County, Montana.
"Our vision for The Crew 2 has always been ambitious; to really surprise players by pushing the boundaries of the open-world racing genre to the limit".
Ubisoft has officially confirmed today that two of their highly anticipated titles have seen a delay.
In a statement of the official Ubisoft blog, the company announced that both Far Cry 5, and The Crew 2 will be delayed. The game was originally meant to come out on March 16th. The game doesn't necessarily innovate or depart significantly from the tried-and-tested Assassin's Creed formula, but it boasts a level of polish and care that make it one of the best titles the franchise has ever produced.
"Our back-catalog performance throughout November followed the same excellent trends as in the first half of the year, and sales for Assassin's Creed Origins continued their positive launch trajectory", said Ubisoft's CFO Alain Martinez.
- Ball Brothers Sign With Agent And Will Apparently Try To Play Overseas
- Travolta guns for wider release of 'Gotti,' buys back biopic
- US Assured Pakistan Of 'No Indian Military Role In Afghanistan'
- Xiaomi Redmi 5A Sale Debuts in India from 12 PM IST
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety Releases Latest List of Safest Vehicles
- Google removes Chrome Apps from Web Store, pushes to PWAs
- Sophie Turner says Game of Thrones season 8 will premiere in 2019
- Ultimate Software in top 10 on Glassdoor's 'Best Places to Work'
- Apple reveals the most popular apps, movies and music of 2017
- Modi praises Sunni Board's stance on Ram Mandir hearing issue