As the year 2017 approaches its closure, leading magazine Forbes released its top 100 list of Indian celebrities based on their earnings this year.
Despite the dismal performance of his much-awaited 2017 film Tubelight at the box-office, Khan has been able to cement his numero uno position on Forbes' list for the second time in a row.
Bollywood actors Salman Khan (Rs 232.83 crore) and Shah Rukh Khan (Rs 170.5 crore) continue to be the biggest earning celebrities in the country, with Kohli (Rs 100.72 crore) following them in the third position. Akshay Kumar earned Rs 98.25 crore in 2017, which helped him rank at number four in the list. Past year too, Salman had defeated the Jab Harry Met Sejal actor.
Just on the day when Tiger Zinda Hai hit the theatres, Salman Khan emerges as the Sultan of Indian celebrities.
At the third spot on the list is Indian Cricket Team skipper and recently-married Virat Kohli. Talking about the south actors in the list, there are 13 actors in the list this year compared to last year's 11.
The cumulative earnings of the top three have declined by nearly 20 per cent from Rs 626.52 crore last year to Rs 504.05 crore this year. On the other hand, the Bollywood actors list fall down from 35 to 33, lowering their cumulative income by 13 percent from the previous year.
Sachin Tendulkar and MS Dhoni were the other two cricketers in the lineup at 5th and 8th position respectively. This year he is at the sixth position defeating Priyanka Chopra, Hrithik Roshan and Ranveer Singh. Notably, Deepika Padukone - whose film Padmavati has been indefinitely delayed - has dropped out of the top 10 - she was sixth in 2016 - to #11, while Priyanka Chopra moves up a place to #7.
- Pakistan denounced as 'terrorist state' after four Indian soldiers killed in Kashmir
- Texas High School Kicker Joins Elite Group of Female Football Players
- Papa John's founder exiting as CEO weeks after National Football League comments
- Facing a Property-Tax Double Whammy
- Kim Zolciak Gushes Over Pal Khloe Kardashian's Pregnancy
- Trump's wall gets go-ahead... at his golf resort in Co Clare
- Impartial Russian athletes can't put on pink, white and blue
- Mom gives teachers wine bottles with son's face on them
- Newcastle in talks over January deal for PL dazzler - confirmed
- We Will Win 135 Seats in 2022 Gujarat Assembly Elections: Rahul Gandhi