Idrissa Gueye limped off injured as Everton held Chelsea to a 0-0 stalemate in Saturday's English Premier League tie at Goodison Park. Sandro Ramirez and Ashley Williams came on but it remained one-way traffic, with the home crowd fearing a Chelsea goal was imminent. "Everton deserve credit but we deserve to win", Conte told Sky Sports after the match.
"We tried to make changes at half-time to give us a better platform to get up the pitch a little bit more and I'd have to say that didn't work as well as I would have liked because our quality of ball wasn't as good as I wanted".
The Blues were promising in the opening minutes as forward players Willian, Pedro and Eden Hazard occupying good positions.
"It's not easy when a team falls back, I think we could've had more shots on target but we didn't have a big guy up front despite lots of crosses into the box".
Former England captain Wayne Rooney is also enjoying a revival, with six goals in his past five appearances, including one Monday as Everton beat Swansea 3-1 at Goodison Park. "You can see this during the game", he said.
Considering Liverpool drew 3-3 with Arsenal on Friday night, Chelsea had the flawless chance to extend their lead over the fourth-placed Reds while at the same time managing to trim the gap between themselves and the Manchester clubs (City and United) but failed to do so with a stuttering performance against opponents that didn't show much attacking verve.
On Boxing Day Everton travel to West Bromwich Albion, before rounding off 2017 with a trip to the south coast to take on Bournemouth.
- Texas High School Kicker Joins Elite Group of Female Football Players
- Pakistan denounced as 'terrorist state' after four Indian soldiers killed in Kashmir
- Jonah Hill's Brother Jordan Feldstein Dead at 40
- Papa John's founder exiting as CEO weeks after National Football League comments
- Meghan Trainor and Daryl Sabara Are Engaged!
- Facing a Property-Tax Double Whammy
- Mariah Carey gives Times Square gig another try
- Takeaways from Birmingham Bowl loss to USF
- White House denies Trump said Haitian immigrants 'all have AIDS'
- We Will Win 135 Seats in 2022 Gujarat Assembly Elections: Rahul Gandhi