A cold start to the morning but temperatures improve throughout the day with highs hitting the mid 20s.
A Winter Weather Advisory (purple-shaded area on highlighted map) is in effect from noon until midnight Friday for most of northern IL into northwest Indiana.
Snowfall totals are expected to range from 2 to 6 inches. The ice that forms will result in very slippery conditions on sidewalks, roads and bridges.
By midnight most of the snow has moved east into Ohio. The snow may start falling as soon as Friday afternoon.
Temperatures are expected to reach a high of only 27 on Saturday with calm winds of 5 to 7 miles per hour in the afternoon. Temperatures are forecasted to reach only a high near 18 and drop to the single-digits by evening. If you're traveling for New Year's Eve, you'll want to use extreme caution, especially if heading north and west of the District where more snow is expected to fall. Overnight into Tuesday will be one of the coldest mornings we've seen this season with air temperatures sub-zero.
- Reliance Jio Launches Happy New Year Plan
- IS claims Saint Petersburg supermarket bombing
- Jack in the Box is Creating the Ultimate Munchie Meal for Stoners
- Solider home for the holidays died rescuing neighbors from fire
- Woman killed in Troy quadruple homicide attended West Genesee High School
- Former Milan, PSG player George Weah elected Liberia president by wide margin
- Jeff Teague out indefinitely
- Kendall Jenner's selfie sparks pregnancy talk
- Family identifies Wichita man killed by police in possible 'swatting' prank
- Louisville vs. Mississippi State, TaxSlayer Bowl 2017 live stream