The drawn out transfer saga of Alexis Sanchez is nearing a conclusion, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said on Saturday, and his team's demolition of Crystal Palace suggested that they might be able to get by without their Chilean forward.
This is the Premier League match between Arsenal and Crystal Palace - a London derby that sees sixth face 12th.
Wenger's problems have thrust his future into the spotlight, with fans once again calling for the Frenchman to resign after 14 years without a league title.
Wenger said the move wasn't yet "over the line".
"We have to push on against other teams now, consistency is key", he added.
"We have many challenges, it is hard at the moment, but as well very exciting because we have many challenges in front of us and we can come back in the Champions League".
Arsenal 4-1 Crystal Palace – All The Goals And Best Bits Posted by Daniel Jenkins
Lineker was clearly feeling in a playful mood and took to Twitter after Arsenal made their rampant start: "Arsenal are struggling to cope without Sanchez".
Arsenal will hope to seal deals for Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang in the transfer window, but neither has been completed yet.
Giroud is alleged to have proposed in part-exchange deal for the Gabon global, though a final decision is likely to be made by the 31-year-old, who is said to favour remaining in the English capital.
"I have no stress measurement at all".
"I didn't take him because there is this question of him moving to Manchester United, you can not drive up north and as well play football", he said.
"He's a record-breaker in nearly every category and basically the only person in my era who could really hold his hand up and say "this guy and I are in the same category" is Alex Ferguson".
- Aussies laid back about Australia Day date
- Edin Dzeko's agent confirms there has been no bid from Chelsea
- Donald Trump's physician says he's "very healthy" but could lose 10-15lbs
- Did Kim Kardashian Just Reveal Her Baby Girl's Name?
- DUP MP brands Taoiseach Leo Varadkar as a "nutcase"
- Trump Appointee Carl Higbie Resigns Following Offensive Comments
- The dangers of the Tide pod challenge
- After 950 years, France to lend Bayeux Tapestry to UK
- 7 ethnic Rakhine killed as Myanmar police open fire at riot
- Amazon Hikes Price Of Prime Monthly Memberships