The Imperial State Crown includes sapphires belonging to St Edward the Confessor and Alexander II of Scotland, a ruby from Edward the Black Prince, pearls from Elizabeth I and the Cullinan II diamond.
Adding on:"Fortunately my father and I have about the same sort of shaped head". I mean it's only sprung on leather. Chatting with BBC royal commentator Alastair Bruce, she explained: "You can't look down to read the speech, you have to take the speech up. Because if you did, your neck would break and it (the crown) would fall off", she said smiling.
"There are some disadvantages to crowns but otherwise they are quite important things".
Queen Elizabeth II is remarkably and unabashedly particular: For example, she's never wavered from the corgi breed when selecting the no less than 30 dogs she's owned during her reign, and has made a point to eat the same food-a slice of chocolate biscuit cake-every single day.
Queen Elizabeth II on her Coronation day in 1953
Thompson even had a couple of corgis accompanying her in her royal week out, the signature companions of the real queen.
Giving her personal recollection, the Queen also reveals how she had struggled with her coronation dress, which was embroidered in silk with pearls, and gold and silver thread. She recalled the Coronation journey from the palace to Westminster Abbey. "They were meant to be Queen Elizabeth's earrings", she said. Not very comfortable. It can only go at walking pace.
"He [Morshead] just gorged them out, recognizing there would be plenty of chances to put them back in again, wrapped them up and put them in the Bath Oliver tin so should anything happen - just as when Oliver Cromwell ordered the Crown Jewels to be smashed up - they could ferry these away and could rebuild it in due course", Bruce told The Times.
The documentary also revealed that numerous Crown Jewels were buried in a biscuit tin on the grounds of Windsor Castle during World War Two, to protect them from the Nazis - information that was so top-secret, the Queen herself only just found out about it.
- Kris Bryant gets record first-year arbitration deal
- FDA Approves Olaparib for Breast Cancer With a BRCA Gene Mutation
- WH's Miller Responds: CNN Has 'Very Low Journalistic Standards'
- Quick Take: Chinese Regulator Denies Curbing US Treasury Purchases
- Israeli forces injure 40 Palestinians in West Bank
- Trump asked why 'pretty Korean lady' analyst wasn't negotiating with North Korea
- Dream WrestleMania Match In The Works?; John Cena Strengthens Relationship With Nickelodeon
- Freezing temps to return to New Jersey by lunch
- Health officials: 15 deaths, 'high level' of hospitalizations reported from flu
- Oprah Winfrey "intrigued by the idea" of Running for US President