On Dec. 18, 2016, former Fifth Harmony member, Camila Cabello, made a decision to part ways with the girl group. There aren't many other flourishes from the land of Cabello's birth on "Camila", her first solo album, so it was a stroke of possibly accidental genius to sense a huge hit in a blithely tropical song about a gal who left her heart in a less easily retrievable place than San Francisco. "It definitely hurt my feelings", the 20-year-old told the publication.
She added, "I wasn't expecting it, I wasn't prepared for it - especially because at that point I'd moved on from it". I was just like, "What?"
"It's my favorite thing that I've ever done and I hope you like it!" "I have to make space for the good stuff to happen in my life".
Brooke later explained the appearance of the fifth band member as an attempt to "show the world in an artistic way that, hey, the four of us are Fifth Harmony".
Camila Cabello has no doubt taken off since her departure from Fifth Harmony. The Cuban singer released a single with Canadian singer and songwriter Shawn Mendes called, "I Know What You Did Last Summer". She also claims she asked to collaborate on the group's song lyrics but wasn't allowed to do so.
Cabello left in December 2016 and chose to follow her heart (which, at the time may or may not have been in Havana), believing that "if anyone wants to explore their individuality, it's not right for people to tell you no". "If anyone wants to explore their individuality, it's not right for people to tell you no". I mean, sure, her exit from the group was rough, but DANG. "If you pull from all the different little parts of yourself, nobody can replicate that". It's a savvy enough Latin pastiche to make flawless sense in the "Despacito" age, even if the Cuban-born upstart's ode to her homeland has her sounding less like Celia Cruz than Selena Gomez, the singer she's most primed to compete against.
On January 8th's episode of Beats 1 with Matt Wilkinson on Apple Music, Elton John mentioned Camila while talking about his "tips" for in 2018 with Matt.
- Young Texas Church Shooting Victim Finally Returns Home after Months in Hospital
- Sam's Club to close seven Illinois locations
- Walmart Raises Its Minimum Wage and Gives Bonuses
- Dark Souls: Remastered Announced, Coming May 25
- Queen's bra-fitter stripped of royal title after 'tell-all' book
- DeLauro pushes CDC director for answers on E. coli outbreak
- Messi stars with brace as Barca cruise
- President Trump reportedly refers to Haiti, African nations as s***hole countries
- Women Accuse James Franco off Sexual Misconduct
- Mom of the Boy Featured in H&M's Controversial Ad Speaks Out