Welbeck said: "I didn't know the VAR was actually looking at that incident".
The League Cup semifinal tie between Chelsea and Arsenal is a quarter-way over, and we're no closer to finding a victor than at the start, as the teams head into half-time of the first leg at Stamford Bridge scoreless and largely incident-less.
Yes, that is what I want, I want him to stay for longer because I believe he is a very important player for us and I believe that when he came on tonight you could see that he created danger straight away.
It was a decision, Wenger insisted, that had nothing to do with Sanchez being targeted by Manchester City in the January transfer window.
The second leg will be played later this month.
What Wenger did benefit from for once were clear video replays.
'To play Arsenal three times in only three weeks is very unusual.
Chelsea did look more likely to take the lead but was wasteful twice with headers.
It's a policy the boss has never shied away from over the years, but following Arsenal's FA Cup shock exit the League Cup may be Arsenal's best hope of adding another trophy to the cabinet this season.
Arsenal were dealt a blow a minute later when Jack Wilshere was forced off with an injury and replaced by Mohamed Elneny. "We have to improve with all the players, not only the strikers".
We must be more clinical offensively otherwise if you don't score and you are unlucky the game finishes as a draw. "It was by blocking a shot that turned his ankle".
Wilshere's return to form and fitness has been one of the few highlights of Arsenal's campaign so far and he scored his first goal for the club in over two years in last week's 2-2 draw with Chelsea.
Meanwhile, Chelsea will play Leicester City at 4am this Sunday in the English Premier League while Arsenal will play Bournemouth at 1.30am Monday. "But it's simpler to prepare the game because you know the team".
Arsenal have not won the League Cup under Arsene Wenger, with their last triumph in the tournament coming under George Graham in 1993.
- Flu-Related Deaths Reported In Tarrant County
- Alabama RB Bo Scarbrough leaving school early, headed to National Football League , source says
- Honduras: 7.6 Earthquake Triggers Tsunami alert
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG) for Xbox One receives new first-person modes
- This is how quickly cigarettes can hook you
- Gerrit Cole trade to the Houston Astros is 'imminent'
- INEC Announces Timetable for 2019 Elections
- Michelle Williams earned 99pc less than Mark Wahlberg for film reshoot
- Former Browns HC Mike Pettine to Become Packers Defensive Coordinator
- Google Assistant is coming to Dish Network this year