After the Huawei Mate 10 Pro presentation, Yu pulled up a slide that read "Something I Want To Share".
The Huawei's CEO of the Consumer unit, Richard Yu, told a broad audience at the CES Technology Fair in Las Vegas that the deal with a USA operator "unfortunately" has not been achieved. The letter dated Dec 20 was sent to the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) with copies to the Department of Justice, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Central Intelligence Agency and Department of Homeland Security.
USA lawmakers in December inked a letter to the Federal Communications Commission that outlined longstanding concerns that Huawei's products could be used to spy on the US and the company's presumed ties to the Chinese government. It was also anxious about United States carrier deals with the smartphone maker.
The reasons of AT&T's shift were not so clear.
Huawei might still decide to cancel its Super Bowl commercial as things have not been worked out as planned for the launch of the Huawei Mate 10 Pro.
Huawei is the fourth-biggest smartphone maker globally because of its massive popularity in Asia, according to IDC. Gal Gadot will be Huawei's first Chief Experience Officer.
The refusal is the latest example of a Chinese company struggling to develop its USA business.
A representative of Huawei said on Thursday that they believe the move to protect their intellectual property rights can help promote the healthy and sustained development of the science and technology industry. Huawei eventually established a United Kingdom office, overseen by the government, to investigate its own kit for security flaws.
Yet Huawei appeared shut out of the United States six years ago after congressional investigators determined its equipment could be used for spying or crippling the US telecommunications network, the Journal reported.
- Judges angry about functioning of India's Supreme Court
- First responders search for 8 still missing after California mudslides
- 14 dead, mostly women, as fire breaks out at Kamala Mills Compound
- Bangladeshi immigrant indicted in failed pipe bombing at Port Authority
- Conte eyes Chelsea exit, ex-Barcelona boss on shortlist to replace him
- Merkel strikes deal with social democrat rivals
- Karni Sena protests outside CBFC office in Mumbai; members detained
- Fog warning for Flintshire - Thursday evening through to Friday
- LeBron Puts His Cavaliers Teammates on Notice Following Loss
- Turkey summons US Chargé d'Affaires over Syria issue