When announcing the exit in June past year, Trump said he would reconsider the pact "on terms that are fair to the United States, its businesses, its workers, its people, its taxpayers". It only exists in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, and in the minds of those who have played it.
Trump focused his answer primarily on the United States' "very, very powerful military", but said he did not expect imminent war.
"Norway is combating climate change - it's an important issue for us and we are committed to the Paris agreement", Solberg told reporters in the East Room of the White House.
Trump appears to be laying the groundwork to refuse the interview based on some sort of dubious legal argument, as well as his own false sense of indignation at even being asked.
Solberg, by contrast, cited her support of the agreement, which she said would help American businesses. She added that Norway, despite being a major oil producer and using its fossil fuel reserves to amass extraordinary wealth, is working to curb its carbon and gas emissions.
The treaty included promises made by the U.S. - by Trump's predecessor Obama - but there will be no legal consequences if they are not kept.
Donald Trump also praised Solberg for her recent election victory. Solberg said Norway views its restructuring efforts to create a new green economy as a means of providing strong opportunities in the future.
The US President also said in the subsequent press conference that trade had been a more prominent topic than the environment in the talks between the two.
He had also said that the U.S. could stay in if the treaty was renegotiated, something which the European Union and other nations quickly ruled out would ever happen. "Russia & the world is laughing at the stupidity they are witnessing".
"There has been no collusion between the Trump campaign and Russians", Trump said during a press conference with Norway's prime minister, calling allegations that Russia meddled in the 2016 U.S. election a "hoax".
- Congress demands case against Kerala CM Vijayan for diverting relief fund
- SC overturns order, national anthem not must in cinema halls
- Is Akash Dadlani out of Bigg Boss?
- Arshi Khan is the surprise visitor with special powers
- Louisans among those waiting for Trump tell-all 'Fire and Fury'
- Nicole Kidman snubs her adopted kids
- First Assassin's Creed: Origins DLC due out this month
- The Weeknd, LeBron, Diddy slam H&M over ad campaign
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?
- Overwatch League Opening Day Peaked at Over 400000 Viewers