A health ministry spokesman said that two of the wounded were in serious condition.
The Egyptian Aviation Authority confirmed 19 people were injured in the crash, which took place at about 7:30 a.m. local time.
A jihadist insurgency led by the Islamic State (IS) has targeted tourists, including bombing a Russian airliner carrying holidaymakers from an Egyptian resort in 2015 that killed all 224 people on board. According to the reports, the incident was caused by strong winds.
The tourist who was killed is a USA national, though the nationalities of the other tourists injured are still unknown, Al-Ahram reported.
The crash, to the west of the city of Luxor, happened due to bad weather conditions, the news agency said, according to Reuters.
New Zealanders are understood to have been involved in a fatal hot air balloon crash in Egypt. Also, balloons are now monitored by 22 cameras during the flight, San Francisco Chronicle reported.
Sixteen people were injured in a Luxor hot air balloon flight in 2011 as well.
- 'Nigerian Prince' Scammer From Louisiana Faces 269 Charges After Arrest
- Meet the U.S. twins born minutes apart but in two different years
- Mariah Carey Makes it Through Times Square set Cleanly, Phew!
- Six murders in two hours in Haryana
- Carrie Underwood Reveals She Suffered A Devastating Injury To Her Face
- Extreme Cold Forces Schools To Delay Opening On Tuesday
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?
- Fire destroys 1600 cars as vehicle park had no sprinklers
- 'Near-blizzard' conditions possible Thursday, 5 to 8 inches of snow forecast
- Lewis Dunk: 'Brighton draw with Bournemouth frustrating'