A United Airlines flight was diverted to Anchorage on Thursday night after a passenger smeared the inside of the cabin with his own feces. The flyer was reportedly cooperative with the flight crew and remained seated after his bathroom escapades were stopped.
The flight landed in Anchorage about 6:30 p.m. and was met by local and federal law enforcement, police said. There were more than seven hours left in the planned 16-hour flight when the emergency landing had to be made.
The man, a 22-year-old Vietnamese passport holder with USA residency, was escorted off the plane in handcuffs on Thursday night and met by law enforcement in the terminal, Gamache said.
Although the plane was met by both Federal Bureau of Investigation and airport authorities after landing in Anchorage, the man was not charged with a crime. Police told KTVA the man underwent a psych evaluation at a hospital and that no charges were filed.
No one was injured during the incident, KTUU reports.
United Airlines has not yet responded to requests for comment.
- Tri-Cities under winter weather advisory for freezing rain
- Aguero talks about leaving Manchester City
- HP recalls 50000 laptop batteries globally citing safety issues
- Obama to be David Letterman's first guest on Netflix talk show series
- Fodder scam: Lalu Yadav pleads for minimum punishment on health grounds
- Roy Moore accuser Tina Johnson's home gutted in fire, arson investigation underway
- FX's 'Atlanta' season 2 ('Atlanta Robbin' Season') returns March 1, 2018
- Lottery Mania: two large jackpots has people eager to buy tickets
- Amid Calls from Trump, FBI Renews Questions Over Clinton Foundation
- SBI may revise minimum balance amount, penalty in savings A/Cs