The photo, posted on Twitter by Nasa, shows the Wolf Moon. If that's too science-y, just look up in the sky and find the moon.
And there have been some pretty amusing reactions to seeing the moon, presumably because the only other choice late on New Year's Day is watching the final of the darts or a Bond movie. This will also occur during a total lunar eclipse which also takes place on January 31, 2018. However, there is a good new.
Moons have a 29.5-day cycle that usually matches up pretty well with the length of a calendar month. But, this Blue Moon, which is also a Supermoon, will bring another treat. If you want to know when your local "moonrise" time is, check here and put your city in the search bar.
The moon will technically be considered 100 percent full a 9:24 p.m. You can watch the Slooh supermoon webcast here, though registration for the website - which is free - is required.
A supermoon occurs when the moon is at the closest point to Earth on its monthly orbit, and as much of the moon as possible is visible. It comes within 10% of its perigee (closest elliptical orbit).
In case you don't remember, a "supermoon" occurs when the moon appears bigger and brighter in the sky.
The longtime Slooh astronomers Paul Cox and Helen Avery will help the audience to walk through the spectacle of nature.
What if I miss this Supermoon, how long will I have to wait for the next one? Oddly enough, the blue moon will appear ruddy red for part of the night because of a total lunar eclipse when the moon passes through the Earth's shadow.
The moon will be at a distance of 221,559 miles from Earth, and will be the "biggest full moon of 2018" according to NASA.
Apart from the Slooh livestream, here we have another live coverage of the event by the Virtual Telescope Project which will start at 4 pm GMT on January 1.
Supermoons may just be another case of confirmation bias as the majority of people wouldn't notice the change if they hadn't already been told it was both bigger and brighter.
- Vegas sets early odds for Alabama-Georgia CFP national championship game
- Gabriel Jesus suffered MCL injury during draw with Crystal Palace
- DeMar DeRozan Breaks Raptors Franchise Record with 52 Points
- Pakistan summons U.S. ambassador over Trump's tweet
- New Year's Eve wind chill in Detroit forecast below zero
- India's December manufacturing PMI sees fastest growth in five years
- Russian security agency arrests supermarket bombing suspect
- Deadly clashes reported in Iran as protests continue
- First look of King Khan 'Zero' is out now
- Kim Jong Un warns enemies of 'Nuclear Button'