The Green Bay Packers are expected to make Mike Pettine their next defensive coordinator, per ESPN's Adam Schefter.
He joins a new-look Packers staff, as head coach Mike McMcarthy has shaken things up after Green Bay missed the playoffs for the first time since 2008.
Pettine worked as a consultant for the Seattle Seahawks last season.
Pettine replaces Dom Capers, who was sacked after spending nine seasons as Green Bay's defensive coordinator.
Pettine went 10-22 in his two seasons as Browns head coach.
That should end soon as they hire a guy who loves to bring pressure and who's defenses regularly finish in the top ten.
Prior to that job, he spent the previous five seasons as the defensive coordinator of Rex Ryan's New York Jets (2009-12) teams and the Buffalo Bills (2013). With the Jets from 2009 to 2012, Pettine's defenses ranked first, third, fifth and eighth. They had also had their eyes on Vic Fangio and Gus Bradley, but they didn't wait to interview them before deciding on Pettine for the job.
The #Packers have wrapped up their period of uncertainty: Joe Philbin is the offensive coordinator.
Green Bay coach Mike McCarthy announced last week the team would interview Packers assistants Winston Moss, Darren Perry and Joe Whitt for the job.
Green Bay's defense has basically become a laughingstock over the last few seasons as team seem to be able to throw deep on them nearly at will in the third and fourth quarters of games.
- US Democratic senator releases Fusion GPS testimony in Russian Federation probe
- Gwyneth Paltrow urges fans to neck cocktails laced with cannabis extract CBD
- Hyundai Unveils Nexo Fuel-Cell SUV With New Driver Aids at CES
- 'Black Panther' roars with new TV spot as tickets go on sale
- Conservative Party forgets to renew website security certificate
- Israel Bans 20 BDS Groups from the Country
- Xbox One users are getting a 'do not disturb' feature
- Joe Arpaio's Latest Offense - Running for Senate
- Tokyo refuses call to do more on 'comfort women' issue
- The new anti-Trump book is really popular