But gas prices are still 98 cents a gallon below what they were at this time five years ago.
Average retail gasoline prices in Louisiana have risen 0.8 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $2.26/g yesterday, according to GasBuddy's daily survey of 2,436 gas outlets in Louisiana.
The U.S. average diesel price is $2.94, up 6 cents from three weeks ago.
According to a spokesperson for AAA Northeast, crude oil has been more expensive this year and is also in high demand.
Gas prices have ticked up two cents per gallon in Rhode Island.
Michigan's lowest average price was about $2.55 per gallon in the Bay City, Midland and Saginaw areas.
High travel volumes over the holidays are to blame for the slight increase in prices. "Prices at the pump are higher than they were almost all of last summer, mainly because oil prices remain high and due to the extreme cold weather that caused some snafus at refiners". Vermont and MA each saw the largest price spike in the region and the country, according to AAA, and Washington D.C. was the only area in the region to see prices decrease.
"Despite arctic temperatures and violent winter weather, there have been no real supply issues in the (Northeast) region since gasoline inventories are ample", AAA said in a statement. "However, the region is at a 7 million bbl. deficit compared to this time past year".
- Fire breaks out at Trump Tower: Photos, videos
- See Natalie Portman Zing the Golden Globes for Nominating Only Male Directors
- Third floor of Mumbai Sessions court charred in fire, no casualties
- Arsenal ready to complete £40m transfer deal for 29-year-old attacker
- Controversial Mississippi Law Limiting LGBT Rights Not Heading To Supreme Court
- Senate Democrats Obtain Enough Support to Force Net Neutrality Vote
- Shrewsbury Town earn deserved replay against West Ham United
- Pierce County deputy fatally shot after responding to home invasion; manhunt underway
- Korea seeks to discuss divided families, easing tensions at inter-Korean talks
- American Red Cross: Critical Need for Donors