King, the tennis icon and founder of the Women's Tennis Association, will attend with Stone, who is nominated for portraying King in Battle of the Sexes.
Streep, Williams, Emma Watson and other prominent women also arrived accompanied by women's rights activists - in order to show that the Time's Up initiative is about more than advocating for the rights of privileged women in Hollywood, but for women in general.
"Each of us will be highlighting legislative, community-level and interpersonal solutions that contribute to ending violence against women in all our communities, ' the advocates" statement said Sunday. "It's a moment to transform both the written and unwritten rules that devalue the lives and experiences of women". We do this work as participants in movements that seek to affirm the dignity and humanity of every person.
Meryl Streep is joined on the red carpet by National Domestic Workers Alliance director Ai-jen Poo at the 2018 Golden Globe Awards held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on Sunday (January 7) in Beverly Hills, Calif. Sarandon will be bringing along Rosa Clemente, who has campaigned for voter engagement among youth of color, third party politics, United States political prisoners, the rights of Puerto Rico to become an independent nation, and media justice.
Jordan Strauss Invision AP
- Mónica Ramírez, who fights sexual violence against farmworkers and pushes for Latina empowerment, will be the guest of Ms.
Emma Watson will being Marai Larasi, the executive director of the UK-based black-feminist network organisation Imkaan, as well as being the co-chair of the End Violence Against Women Coalition.
Time's Up organizers Meryl Streep, Amy Poehler and Michelle Williams, who attended with #MeToo founder Tarana Burke, all wore black on the carpet. If that movie sounds familiar, it's probably because you read about director Ridley Scott replacing supporting cast member Kevin Spacey with Christopher Plummer after Anthony Rapp accused Spacey of sexually propositioning him when he was 14 years old (Spacey was 26).
But there was one moment that really stuck out on the red carpet, and it was more pure than anything..
"Farmworker women have been standing up and speaking out against sexual violence in the workplace for decades", she said in a statement.
- Arsenal ready to complete £40m transfer deal for 29-year-old attacker
- Celta hold Barca, easy for Real
- Change of govt inevitable in Tripura: Amit Shah
- Packers promote Gutekunst to GM
- Goerges beats Wozniacki to win ASB Classic
- Panthers at Saints - Playbook for the NFC Wild Card round
- Former Uber CEO Travis Kalanick selling part of stake
- Feds change marijuana policy, which could affect businesses involved
- Grigor Dimitrov Leaps Over Net to Help Injured Opponent Kyle Edmund
- Brad Pitt Bid $120000 to Watch Game of Thrones