On Thursday, the US Consumer Product Safety Commission announced a recall of the lithium ion batteries found in HP Notebook computers and mobile workstations due to overheating.
Many of these batteries can not be replaced by customers.
To view the full article, register now.
The firm says (via Digital Trends): "If the validation process identifies a battery as being eligible for replacement, the BIOS update should be applied, and the system should be rebooted". The batteries were shipped in the computers and workstations sold from December 2015 through December 2017 for approximately $300-$400. "We recently learned that batteries provided by one of our suppliers for certain notebook computers and mobile workstations present a potential safety concern", the company wrote in a blog post on Friday.
According to the recall notice, around 50,000 units are affected, representing batteries shipped with notebooks and mobile workstations sold from December 2015 through December 2017.
The recall affects about 50,000 machines sold in the U.S., in addition to about 2,600 in Canada.
The batteries in question were also sold as replacements for the HP ZBook Studio G4 mobile workstation or any of the above products, HP says. You can download a tool to verify if your battery is susceptible to the issue here. "We are taking immediate action to address this issue including a voluntary recall and replacement of the batteries".
- Amid Calls from Trump, FBI Renews Questions Over Clinton Foundation
- Everton Complete £27m Deal For Turkish International Striker
- FA Cup: Manchester United, Liverpool qualify for 4th round
- Obama to be David Letterman's first guest on Netflix talk show series
- Trump ready to punish Iran's elite guard unit
- Roy Moore accuser Tina Johnson's home gutted in fire, arson investigation underway
- Amazon "very likely" to bid for Premier League
- Tri-Cities under winter weather advisory for freezing rain
- Fodder scam: Lalu Yadav pleads for minimum punishment on health grounds
- Aguero talks about leaving Manchester City