Rancic, who was wearing black herself, received a frank response from Will and Grace's Debra Messing-in fact, it was so frank that Messing called out E! News' Catt Sadler quitting her job, and saying it was because Jason Kennedy made almost double her salary - despite both Catt and Jason starting at E! in the same year, and Catt doing two E! shows.
Messing also explained the reasons she chose to take part in the red-carpet blackout.
Messing added that it's time for "diversity", "intersectional gender parity" and "equal pay", which prompted her to turn her focus to E! Catt's decision received love from Jessica Chastain, Olivia Munn and former E!
"We need the powers that be, and all the industries and all the networks, and E!, to help us with closing this pay gender gap". Her co-host Jason Kennedy was earning close to double what Sadler made for what she describes as "doing essentially similar jobs, if not the same job".
"I miss Catt Sadler, and we stand with her", Messing said. We stand with her. That's something that can change tomorrow, you know.
While looking at Rancic directly, she explained that the actresses collectively want people to start having the conversation that "women are just as valuable as men".
"How can I accept an offer that shows they do not value my contributions and paralleled dedication all these years?"
- Panthers at Saints - Playbook for the NFC Wild Card round
- Kane brace fires Tottenham past AFC Wimbledon
- Goerges beats Wozniacki to win ASB Classic
- 'Raising Iran unrest at United Nations a blunder'
- Man dead and woman injured after Stockholm metro station blast
- NFL Wild Card Betting: Is Bills vs. Jaguars a Total Mismatch? 1/7/18
- Panthers extend Rivera's coaching contract
- ABC Cancels 'The Mayor' After One Season
- Former Uber CEO Travis Kalanick selling part of stake
- Kyrgios upsets Dimitrov, advances to Brisbane final