U.S. President Donald Trump waves to fans as he attends the NCAA College Football Playoff Championship game between Alabama and Georgia in Atlanta, Georgia, U.S. January 8, 2018. "And when that new day finally dawns, it will be because of a lot of magnificent women, many of whom are right here in this room tonight, and some pretty phenomenal men, fighting hard to make sure that they become the leaders who take us to the time when nobody ever has to say "me too" again!" she said in the speech.
"I like Oprah, what can I tell you?" "She doesn't have any experience in politics, just like Donald Trump, and he's set the bar so low that people are saying, 'If Donald Trump is doing it, Oprah can do it, ' but he's not doing a good job!"
Beyond her rise from poverty, Winfrey's success as a multidimensional media figure has come from promoting ways for women to assert themselves, typically outside the political arena. "She's popular, she's brilliant, she's a wonderful woman", he said in 1999 on "Larry King Live". And then Oprah's longtime partner Steadman Graham went and said "she would absolutely do it" in reference to a run at the White House in 2020, and it was off to the races.
This isn't the first time Winfrey's presidential run has been shut down. "I know her very well". Trump said in the interview. "You know, I did one of her last shows".
And Oprah also won praise from tablemates Eva Longoria and Keith Urban.
"Well, I really haven't gotten quite there yet. I don't", King said.
Oprah Winfrey's best friend, Gayle King, is putting to rest the reports that Oprah Winfrey is planning a presidential run.
The presidential buzz follows Winfrey's impassioned call for "a brighter morning even in our darkest nights" at the Golden Globes on Sunday night in a speech that left some viewers contemplating the idea of the Democratic Party embracing a celebrity candidate of its own to challenge Trump in 2020. But her political positions are largely unknown.
"Over the years, I've voted for as many Republicans as I have Democrats, so this isn't about partisanship for me, this is very, very personal", she said.
- President Trump plans to attend Davos gathering
- Weinstein Scandal Pushes Marchesa Off the Red Carpet — Golden Globes
- 'Black Panther' roars with new TV spot as tickets go on sale
- Trump skips parts of national anthem at football game
- Razer's Project Linda Turns Your Razer Phone into a Laptop PC
- Jon Gruden introduced as Oakland Raiders head coach
- Green turtles face extinction
- Volunteers gearing up for MLK Day of Service
- Takata adds 3.3M faulty airbag devices to largest recall in history
- Quarryville native Johnny Weir will not forgive Tonya Harding