Tensions have been high in the Palestinian territories since December 6, when U.S. President Donald Trump recognized Jerusalem as Israel's capital, triggering condemnation and protests from across the Arab and Muslim world.
The Palestinian Authority has retained some contact with the Trump administration, despite vowing to cut off all ties to U.S. leadership in protest of its recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital, the London-based Arabic newspaper Al-Hayat reported Saturday.
The IDF subsequently claimed the live fire was not indiscriminate, insisting the Israeli military only targeted "three main inciters, who posed a threat to soldiers and border facilities".
Meanwhile, another Palestinian teenager, identified as Ali Omar Kino, 16, was pronounced dead shortly after arriving to the Nablus Hospital, after being shot by Israeli forces during clashes that erupted in the Tel and Iraq Burin villages of southern Nablus in the northern West Bank.
According to the reports, the soldiers instantly resorted to the excessive use of force, and fired many gas bombs, concussion grenades and rubber-coated steel bullets, wounding two young men with rubber-coated steel bullets. Construction of Israeli settlements in the West Bank can not help broker peace between the Israelis and Palestinians, Russia's Foreign Ministry said in a statement posted on its website on Saturday.
"The EU calls on Israeli authorities to respond proportionately to protests, and open investigations following fatalities, in particular when involving a minor".
Also, almost 300 Palestinians were injured Friday in a new wave of clashes with Israeli police on the Gaza Strip border and in the occupied West bank.
- Rushing attack needs to be present in Cotton Bowl
- Kris Bryant gets record first-year arbitration deal
- Trump asked why 'pretty Korean lady' analyst wasn't negotiating with North Korea
- Dream WrestleMania Match In The Works?; John Cena Strengthens Relationship With Nickelodeon
- Junket tourism
- Aftershocks hit Iran-Iraq border after deadly November natural disaster
- WH's Miller Responds: CNN Has 'Very Low Journalistic Standards'
- Health officials: 15 deaths, 'high level' of hospitalizations reported from flu
- Sheriff expects to have news conference on Las Vegas shooting
- Eliza Dushku A Stuntman Molested Me When I Was 12