"I can't say enough about Jon and what he's done", McVay said, "and what he's been able to teach me and kind of the way he put his arm around me and taught me this game". "I feel a lot of loyalty and I feel a lot of responsibility". And most of all, I love to win and I'm going to do everything I can. He was traded to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers before the 2002 National Football League season and would go on to beat the Raiders in the Super Bowl in his first season in Tampa. Overall, he is 95-81 in 11 regular seasons and 100-85 including the postseason.
The coach also steered clear of discussing any specifics about the nature of the team he's taking over, which is coming off a disappointing 6-10 season, but did heap praise on quarterback Derek Carr.
"Great coach, great motivator, great leader, great teacher in terms of just understanding the big picture", McVay said. I love football. I love the players that play it.
Gruden, 54, was traded in 2002 to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers by late Raiders owner Al Davis, who fetched two first-round picks, two second-round picks and $8-million for the charismatic young coach. It was going to take the right opportunity and the right time for that to happen.
Gruden previously coached the Raiders from 1998 to 2001, then beat them in Super Bowl XXXVII to end his first of seven seasons steering the Buccaneers.
"Brady fumbled that ball", Gruden said, before turning serious. "No guarantees, no promises, but I want to win".
It was a spectacle viewing the Gruden introductory press conference, no matter how you ended up seeing it.
"I've wanted to come back".
- Oil prices rebound after USA drilling pullback
- Getting lot of advice: Khloe
- P!nk named to perform United States anthem at Super Bowl 52
- Weinstein Scandal Pushes Marchesa Off the Red Carpet — Golden Globes
- Aaron Taylor selected for College Football Hall of Fame
- Honor to launch a smartphone with four-cameras by month-end
- Nvidia is launching a line of massive 65-inch gaming displays
- Ford F-150 Won't Leave Diesel Fans Stranded
- Palette Is Toyota's Mobility Concept For Retail And E-Commerce
- Gas Prices Rise 0.6 Cents In Chattanooga