With the OnePlus 2, the company released a variant in Sandstone even as it moved to a metal frame.
Ever since the OnePlus 5T launched in just a single shade - midnight black - we've been expecting more colors to come out of the Chinese firm. As for pricing, it should be similar to other OnePlus 5T models of same configuration - CNY 3,499, or around $540.
To achieve the tactile Sandstone finish on the limited edition model, OnePlus' engineers applied four high-precision processes.
OnePlus says that the Sandstone White model will be available "while supplies last", so if you're interested in picking one up, be sure to set a reminder for next Tuesday to place an order.
OnePlus on Thursday announced that it will release the OnePlus 5T next week in a new "Sandstone White" color. There's also a splash of colour in the form of a red alert- slider.
The device combines the Sandstone texture, which has become synonymous with OnePlus, and the crisp, bright white hue reminiscent of the OnePlus One Silk White. Now, the company is introducing a new option - Sandstone White.
After the color temperature layer is applied, it's time for the third step: covering the surface of the second layer with a blend of natural minerals and white oil paint that create a blend of white and gray tones, and that texture its surface with OnePlus's signature Sandstone feel. Finally, UV layer is used to refine the texture of the phone and ensure hardness and durability. Only the 8GB RAM/ 128GB inbuilt storage variant will be sold.
For those in the US, UK, and Europe, you will be able to get your hands on this limited edition device for $559, £499, and €559 respectively through the company's official website.
- Jerry Van Dyke, Emmy-nominated star of 'Coach,' dead at 86
- Paul Pierce Doesn't Want Isaiah Thomas Tribute Video During Jersey Retirement
- Stock market rebounded: Gains momentum on Day 2 of 2018
- Powerball 1/3/18 winning numbers, live lottery results for Wednesday's $460M drawing
- Former Bucs coach Gruden hired by Oakland Raiders, will earn $100 million
- FX's 'Atlanta' season 2 ('Atlanta Robbin' Season') returns March 1, 2018
- Captain Marvel May Have Just Cast the MCU's Monica Rambeau
- David Luiz and Michy Batshuayi Play - Chelsea Team vs Norwich City Confirmed
- LeBron James won't commit to the Cavaliers beyond this season
- Neuberger Berman Group LLC Reduces Holdings in Marathon Petroleum Corp (NYSE:MPC)