The victim told investigators that she woke up to find her trousers and shirt unbuttoned and the man's hand inside her trousers.
The victim told FBI agents on Wednesday that she awoke in her window seat that morning to discover a fellow passenger, identified as 34-year-old Prabhu Ramamoorthy, shoving his fingers inside her trousers 'and vigorously moving them, ' according to a federal criminal complaint.
Ramamoorthy and his wife are living on a temporary visa, thereby disqualifying the latter as suitable custodian, according to federal prosecutor, Amanda Jawad.
According to the complaint cited by CBS Detroit, the shaken passenger immediately informed the flight attendant about the alleged assault.
The wife drew the same story similar story and she added that she approached the flight attendants attempting to change their seats. The two flight attendants told federal investigators that the victim was crying and that her shirt was untied and that her trousers were unbuttoned when she had reported the alleged attack at about 5:30 a.m., 40 minutes before the plane's landing.
Mr Ramamoorthy denied the accusations, telling police he was himself asleep after taking a pill.
"It's something I would prefer not to send with him, since it may imperil him in the correctional facility", she said. Magistrate Judge R. Steven Whalen ordered Ramamoorthy to be held pending trial. Prabhu even traveled with his wife and she was beside him when the incident took place. "He was brazen enough to do this basically in public, next to his wife where anyone could have seen him", calling the incident a "very unusual case".
O'Neill did not return a request for comment on Thursday. He faces a charge of disturbed sexual abuse.
The woman, Dodge reported, said that the male passenger next to her "was shoving his fingers inside her vagina and vigorously moving them".
A representative for Spirit Airlines has stated that the company is cooperating with authorities.
A CNN investigation found that FBI investigations into midair sexual assault have jumped by 66 percent from the fiscal year of 2014 to 2017.
- Wind chill advisory in effect throughout Western Pennsylvania until Saturday afternoon
- Junket tourism
- Game Of Thrones Season 8 Confirmed! Check Out Latest Update
- SpaceX releases video of world's most powerful rocket ready for liftoff
- First Blue Moon total eclipse in 150 years to occur this month
- Attorney General Rescinds Obama-Era Marijuana Guidelines
- Why Caitlyn Jenner didn't trust the Kardashians with reassignment surgery secret
- JFK Airport in NYC Shuts Down Completely, It Says
- Tesla still breaking records but missing targets
- Government urged to introduce 25p "latte levy" on coffee cups from MPs